PDA

View Full Version : could this be lung cancer (sharp pain on the side of chest)

proteusxr
08-09-2005, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone,
The past couple of days, I started having a sharp pain on the right and right-back side of my chest that gets worse with movement; also pain in my shoulders... I am a 43 year old man with long history of smoking. could this be lung cancer? I dont have any cough and no blood cough either... I am very worried because of my long history smoking...

What *type* of chest pain do you get with luncg cancer? does it come on suddenly? is it a sharp pain?

thanks much in advance for your response

nick

debbieNY
08-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi Nick,
I would go see the Dr. soon as you can. Moreover, to make sure it's not your heart. Let him or her take it from there. Could be just a muscle pain, but I would get it checked out!
Good Luck
DebbieNY

benni
08-09-2005, 03:36 PM
Nick I agree with Debbie, you need to be seen. It's very likely that it could be muscular pain, but there are several things that could cause pain in the lungs. Not the least of which are pulmonary embolisms, pleurisy, pneumonia (my husband recently had pneumonia and coughed so hard he broke a rib!), and countless other things. The best thing to do is get it checked out as quickly as possible to rule out any life-threatening issues. Good luck to you and let us know what you find out.

Brenda

Privacy Policy