A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liver stint failed and nothing more doctors can do

Liver stint failed and nothing more doctors can do

My mother has been battling cancer for almost ten years now. She had breast then bone and now liver cancer. Recently the doctors put a stint in her liver but today they said it wasn't working and that her liver is failing. How much longer does she have and are there any options she has?

Hello,

I'm so sorry to hear that the stents didn't work. I'm not familiar with this cancer to the level that I can tell you a time frame. I don't think anyone really can give out firm statistics.

I hope someone comes in here that has more information for you, but I wish you both God's blessings for more time together.

Hugs,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Hello there, and firstly let me extend my sympathies to you and your family at this difficult time.

Im not a doctor, nor do i practice any sort of medicine, but my Mother right now is in exactly the same boat as yours, about 3 weeks ago she was sent home from hospital, she has terminal lymphoma thats spread to her liver.. secondary.

They too couldn't put a stent in as there was no way for them to get it in.

Shes been sent home and with us for a couple of weeks now, sadly it's only a matter of days now.

Everyones different, and there doesnt seem to be precise prognosis on people anywhere as it varies so much.

I'm sorry i couldn't answer your question directly, but i always find it comforting to know that there are other people i can relate to here.

Best of wishes to you and your family in this difficult time.

+ Reply to Thread