A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Research study for people with advanced cancer

Research study for people with advanced cancer

I am an RN and Phd student at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Nursing. Along with my adviser Christine Miaskowski RN, PhD, a Professor in the School of Nursing, I am conducting a study to understand the symptom experience of patients with advanced stage cancer.

We want to hear about your experience with symptoms from advanced stage cancer or cancer that has spread (metastasized).

- Do you have cancer that has metastasized or is considered advanced stage?

- Are you experiencing any distressing symptoms associated with your cancer or the cancer treatments?

- Are you receiving Palliative Care or are enrolled in Hospice?

- One time participation online will take approximately 30-60 minutes.

- A $20 gift card to Target will be mailed to you for your participation.

Sharing your knowledge may improve our understanding of the most common symptoms that patients with advanced cancer experience. This study has been approved by the UCSF Committee of Human Research (IRB).

If you are interested or would like to learn more, please contact me. LINK DELETED PER FORUM POSTING POLICIES, BUT CONTACT CAN BE MADE VIA OUR PM OR HER EMAIL TO PARTICIPATE.

Key words: cancer, oncology, research, study, palliative care, hospice, patient, patients, online, internet, survey, paid

Newbie New User

Cancer Pain at stage IV metastacized

Yes my mother is having mass in abdomen that has metastcized to lungs and liver, she is having severe back pain and unable to eat something, if she eats she have pain in stomach, always have complaints from pain. So far respomding to NSAIDS, particularly Diclofenac. She is on Palliative therapy at age of 61, if u could help me regarding managing her help please help m out.

ThANKS

Quote Originally Posted by stephiegw View Post
    I am an RN and Phd student at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) School of Nursing. Along with my adviser Christine Miaskowski RN, PhD, a Professor in the School of Nursing, I am conducting a study to understand the symptom experience of patients with advanced stage cancer.

We want to hear about your experience with symptoms from advanced stage cancer or cancer that has spread (metastasized).

- Do you have cancer that has metastasized or is considered advanced stage?

- Are you experiencing any distressing symptoms associated with your cancer or the cancer treatments?

- Are you receiving Palliative Care or are enrolled in Hospice?

- One time participation online will take approximately 30-60 minutes.

- A $20 gift card to Target will be mailed to you for your participation.

Sharing your knowledge may improve our understanding of the most common symptoms that patients with advanced cancer experience. This study has been approved by the UCSF Committee of Human Research (IRB).

If you are interested or would like to learn more, please contact me. LINK DELETED PER FORUM POSTING POLICIES, BUT CONTACT CAN BE MADE VIA OUR PM OR HER EMAIL TO PARTICIPATE.

Key words: cancer, oncology, research, study, palliative care, hospice, patient, patients, online, internet, survey, paid
    Last edited by Didee; 05-02-2012 at 02:42 PM.

This thread is 2 years old. I doubt that you will get a reply.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

+ Reply to Thread