A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: broken arm not good diagnosis

New User

broken arm not good diagnosis

im new to cancer.like a child trying to learn how to walk.my dad 65 about a month ago he went to the dr for his left arm hurting.he said the dr told him his arm was filled with rheuamatoid arthiritis.even give em meds for arthritis.st the same time sent him to another clinic to have a spot biopsied on his left hand.a couple of weeks went by and the pain got unbearable for him.he lives 135 miles from me.he went to the ER and they did exray and found his arm was broke.so now im thinking well there gonna put him in nursing home for this cuz he has no answer on how it got broke.ER said to find an orthapedic for surgery.March 23,2010 i found him an orthapedic dr.this day is my babys 7th birthday.the dr took him in rite away looked at exrays and said its cancer.they had to put a rod at the top of the shoulder to the elbow.cancer has eat all the bone away just about it.dr sends him home for him to wait on a bed to be admitted.on thursday they called they have a bed.immediatly they went for cat scan and mri.days of waiting for the results my mind had gotten ready for the worst.the dr finally come with the results on 3-31-10 stage IV carcinoma lung cancer with metstatic masses.non curable and cant do surgery and there is mass in the left lung at the airway of 3 cm.my dad looks at the dr and said if u can treat it treat it,but if im gonna be a vegatable i dont want any treatment.then he told the dr that he was sitting down somewhere and his 4 yrold grandaughter went to off something and he went to catch her and his arm had been hurting everysince.they release him from hospital that evening and tell me to call and make his appointments for dr.he came to my house for the weekend and then he went home on sunday.so on monday i drove to his house to kind a straighten and clean up a little.well i did clean up and my mom and my dad had left for town and as im cleaning i ran across this paper dated march 8,2010 for the results of a biopsy done on left hand and back of the neck that these are invasive squamous cell carinoma cancer.no one ever even told me until it was to late unless GOD can fix it.my heart feels like a balloon that has been shot with needles.i have sat back for a couple of weeks now and read what all yall have to say and now im finally able to look for answers besides HES GONNA DIE.im an only child and he is my world.i just cant imagine not having him around.if anyone has some help i would like to know.my facebook email is LINK DELETED BY ADMIN PER FORUM POSTING POLICIES. and im from louisiana.thanks to all and GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    PRAY FOR MY DAD

Moderator Top User
    Welcome Valerie to this forum, it will be a good place to vent your feelings and ask questions. I'm sorry that I don't have any good information for to go on. His cancer is pretty serious if it evolves the bones that much. I t really sends a person reeling when you get the news, I know it did me. My head kind of just spun for a couple months, Stage IV lung cancer, and I'm dieing. That's hard to take. Please come in and ask questions and we will do our best to help.
    God Bless
    Dan
    57 year old male, Diagnosed Nov. 9,2007 with NSCLC IV with Mets to the lymph's and brain and now my pancreas (9/1/11)
    Had full brain radiation treatment in Jan 08 treatments now every 3 weeks with Alimta, stopped taking Lovenox for clots, working full time
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9993

New User
    Thanks I know it's serious.I just wish I knew how to handle this.I just can't understand the fact that I have to watch him die in front of me and why.the only way I know how to help him is to be there and help him.he has to get staples out friday and go to onco on Tuesday.so the de may do MRI on brain and see if it's there yet.if it were u would u take him to md Anderson in Houston.I'm afraid there's no hope but to not let em suffer.I will never love noone like I love him.my hubby and kids can't even get the love I have for him.and then my 4 yr old is how I found this and got results of cancer on my daughters 7th bday.boy did my daddy really get me.I guess if god didn't have plans why would he use my kids to get answers.thanks Valerie
    PRAY FOR MY DAD

Moderator Top User
    Valerie it would be a great idea to get him over to MD Anderson!
    Dan
    57 year old male, Diagnosed Nov. 9,2007 with NSCLC IV with Mets to the lymph's and brain and now my pancreas (9/1/11)
    Had full brain radiation treatment in Jan 08 treatments now every 3 weeks with Alimta, stopped taking Lovenox for clots, working full time
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9993

Regular User
    I am going to go out on a limb here. I know I am new to the forums but, Valerie, maybe your father loves you so much that he couldnt bear to tell you the news. So rather than tell you the news and have you feel terrible that you might have to watch him suffer the effects of this terrible disease, he was trying to ensure that all your days that you have with him are filled with joy and normal, everyday things.

I truly do think that God has a plan and that we will most likely not know these plans while we are on this Earth, but Faith could not be more important than it is right now. Try to take comfort in the love you have for your father and the love he has for you and enjoy every day that you have with him, whether it be many or few.
    April 1, 2010: Partner diagnosed with with NSCLC.
    April13, 2010: Diagnosis specifically identified as stage IV NSCLC with mets to the brain. PET scan to follow
    August 30, 2010: After quite a bit of tests, procedures, and treatments, my sweet Jeff lost his fight with cancer. He died at home on Monday August 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM at home with me by his side.

+ Reply to Thread