A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uterus cancer and the Mirena coil?

Newbie New User
    Quote Originally Posted by moongal16 View Post
    I have my appontment for monday 6th September for hysteroscopy and a biopsy. I had to phone to see if they had an appointment scheduled for me and they had but I still haven't recieved letter -od course, I will go anyway.
    Still bleeding. Quite brown in colour with a few bits of debris.... No pain.
    I had been having irregular periods all my life. I took birth control for a while. Got married in 1990 and had my two children with in a year of each other. My husband got a vacectomy so I didnt worry about getting pregnant. We divorced and I met someone so starting taking birth control again. I got tired of that and was 51 so I talked to my GYN and she suggested the Mirena. The worst thing I ever did. I had it put in last year in Feb and it was good for a while. In the end of the first year I developed a vaginal discharge that I thought was urine. All I had to do was stand up and I would soak myself. I went in for my annual check up, she found tissue that she removed and it came back positive for Uterine Cancer. I have now gone through the hysterectomy and looks like I will have to go through radiation as well. They found stage 2 grade 1 uterine cancer. Good luck with yours and anyone considering a mirena I would suggest you do some more investigation. I wish I had looked further.

Newbie New User

Mirena and cysts with tumors.

I just wanted to put it out there cause I seen that other people were having problems with tumors exc. I do not know exactly what is going on besides I have cysts and tumors. I got my mirena about 2 1/2 years ago and I have had abnormal bleeding and discharge with it.