A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Itchy head and skin and a little forgetful?

Itchy head and skin and a little forgetful?

My grandmother was diagnosed with PC in Mid July 2010. She has a tumor on the tail end of her pancreas that's 7cm and reaching into her liver are nodules. This was 3 months ago. They told her she had 3-6 months
    Symptoms have been steadly getting worse, primairly they're pain pain and more pain, irritability, weight loss and NO appotite, and constipation.
    Today there was pain in her back for the first time (it's always only been in the front at the side), nausea and a little forgetfullnesss on how to play a game she likes. Also her face and head are so so itchy! What does that mean? Are these signs of the cancer spreading onto Somewhere specific? or Something else?
    Thank you

My mother battled this cancer, the only reason we found out she had it was because she had a horrible pain in her lower back that spread down to her leg. When she got an MRI thats when we found the tumor on her spine which led to further tests and then we discovered the pancreatic cancer. So maybe that's why your grandmother has the pain in her back? I'm not sure, it could be any number of things but this is a quick spreading cancer. My mother lost a whole bunch of weight before we found out about it but the doctors did tell us it was one sign of the cancer itself, she really lost her appetite about two weeks out from having to go to the hospital, she just didn't eat anything except ice chips and the occassional bite of pudding or something.

From the way you described things it sounds as if it is signs of the cancer spreading, the forgetfulness, weight loss, no appetite are classic signs of it spreading to various other parts and affecting them. Like for example, if it's spread to the liver, that could be causing the forgetfulness, as ammonia levels rise due to the liver not working like it should. I'm not a doctor though so if your concerned I would speak with your grandma's doctor. I'm just speaking from my experience with this horrible cancer.

I am keeping you and your grandma in my thoughts and prayers. I know how hard it can be to watch a loved one go through this knowing there is nothing you can do to make it better for them. It was the hardest 7 weeks of my life watching my mother's cancer progress and take away the woman I loved so dearly.
    Mother diagnosed with terminal Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer 08/31/2010. Did 5 days of radiation to take away pain in her lower back and down her leg 09/16/2010. Now just spending every day with her and making new memories!

10/7/2010- My mother is in heaven now, watching over all of us! I love you mom....

Thank you for sharing. It's so hard to figure out what's going on inside her and time that's left. Your insights are helpful! I'm sorry for your loss

Hi jennypenny,

If the cancer has spread..the itching could be from the liver.. if the liver is not working right or bile is building up somewhere it could be jaundice.. is she a bit yellow at all?

Definately get to the bottom of it... if you would like to hear my mom's story let me know and I will share with you..

Quote Originally Posted by Carebearlover View Post
    Hi jennypenny,

If the cancer has spread..the itching could be from the liver.. if the liver is not working right or bile is building up somewhere it could be jaundice.. is she a bit yellow at all?

Definately get to the bottom of it... if you would like to hear my mom's story let me know and I will share with you..

Thank you and I would love to hear your moms story if you would like to share
    Jenn

+ Reply to Thread