A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stage iv lung/liver cancer, alternative treatments?

Newbie New User

Stage iv lung/liver cancer, alternative treatments?

My dad (70 years old) suffering with stage iv cancer, primary lung and secondary liver (large tumor mass). His medical history is: 20 years of pheriphal arterial disease (he smoked cigarettes from 20-70 years old and drank alcohol heavily for last 5 years) he suffered poor ability to walk, resulting in 10 weeks ago a deep vein thrombosis and operation to restore blood flow to left leg. He then had a series of operations and further complications: 2 graft bypasses, 1 pulmonary embolism, 4 embolectomyís, and open wound infection, all of which he has now made a great recovery from. During a ct scan when he was in hospital they found a shadow on the left lung, after a further CT scan they have said there is lung and liver cancer and there is nothing they can do and he has 2 months to live and they will give palliative care.

He is on warfarin, morphine sulfate, simvastatin, clopidogrel, fastab, iron, valoid, thiamine, septrin, amitriptyline and zimovane.
    He is home and Iíve already started on a natural diet; cottage cheese, flaxseeds, berries, lemon juice in water, red grapes, vegetables, salads, carrot & beetroot juice, herbal & green teas, nuts & seeds.

Im a nutritionist and believe in dietary changes and the use of a lot of supplements. Iím considering using celsium chloride, hydrazine sulphate and coffee enemas.

My dad as gone from 145lbs to 127lbs in 10 weeks and therefore i want to stop the cachexia and stop the progression & spreading of the tumors, at the moment he is so tired and weak that it is harder & harder to get him to eat and I do not want to stress is liver/kidneys too much or for him to lose more weight but yet im unsure which treatment to start with and what to priortise to save my dad.
    Any comments, suggestions, experiences are welcome!!!!

Newbie Regular User
    I knew a gentleman in a situation close to your fathers. He added Florence, a herbal detox drink, to his diet. I believe its only an ounce ot 2 a day, and it prolonged his life span by approximately 4-6 months. The tumors he had decresed substantially in size. If nothing else its worth a try. Good Luck.

Newbie New User

Stage iv lung/liver

Quote Originally Posted by chandra1064 View Post
    I knew a gentleman in a situation close to your fathers. He added Florence, a herbal detox drink, to his diet. I believe its only an ounce ot 2 a day, and it prolonged his life span by approximately 4-6 months. The tumors he had decresed substantially in size. If nothing else its worth a try. Good Luck.
    This is the second time I have heard of this treatment. Would love some follow up. For a person with primary prostate cancer, [URL="{link deleted per forum policy] chondrosarcoma has anyone ever heard of proton therapy? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by brainman; 07-18-2011 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Link violation

Top User
    Quote Originally Posted by craigbunnell View Post
    My dad (70 years old) suffering with stage iv cancer, primary lung and secondary liver (large tumor mass). His medical history is: 20 years of pheriphal arterial disease (he smoked cigarettes from 20-70 years old and drank alcohol heavily for last 5 years) he suffered poor ability to walk, resulting in 10 weeks ago a deep vein thrombosis and operation to restore blood flow to left leg. He then had a series of operations and further complications: 2 graft bypasses, 1 pulmonary embolism, 4 embolectomy’s, and open wound infection, all of which he has now made a great recovery from. During a ct scan when he was in hospital they found a shadow on the left lung, after a further CT scan they have said there is lung and liver cancer and there is nothing they can do and he has 2 months to live and they will give palliative care.

He is on warfarin, morphine sulfate, simvastatin, clopidogrel, fastab, iron, valoid, thiamine, septrin, amitriptyline and zimovane.
    He is home and I’ve already started on a natural diet; cottage cheese, flaxseeds, berries, lemon juice in water, red grapes, vegetables, salads, carrot & beetroot juice, herbal & green teas, nuts & seeds.

Im a nutritionist and believe in dietary changes and the use of a lot of supplements. I’m considering using celsium chloride, hydrazine sulphate and coffee enemas.

My dad as gone from 145lbs to 127lbs in 10 weeks and therefore i want to stop the cachexia and stop the progression & spreading of the tumors, at the moment he is so tired and weak that it is harder & harder to get him to eat and I do not want to stress is liver/kidneys too much or for him to lose more weight but yet im unsure which treatment to start with and what to priortise to save my dad.
    Any comments, suggestions, experiences are welcome!!!!
    1 - Get a 2d opinion. Not saying they're wrong, but ALWAYS get (at least) one more opinion. And go to the most reputable cancer center you can afford and get to.

2 - I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DO NOT DO COFFEE ENEMAS. They do nothing for cancer and in fact can be dangerous, doubly so to your dad in his weakened condition.

If this 2 months to live prognosis is confirmed, it sounds like he has extremely advanced cancer and I'm sorry but all the nutritional supplements or other "natural things" in the world are very unlikely to really even help significantly let alone save him. Unless he really loves that natural diet (I am betting not ), I would let him eat whatever he wants and enjoy his remaining time. I'm sorry if that offends you in any way.

+ Reply to Thread