A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Perimenopausal symptoms of endometrial cancer?

Newbie New User

Perimenopausal symptoms of endometrial cancer?

Hello
    New here. I am having a biopsy this Monday. I had extremely heavy periods as an adolescent, then they calmed down for my child-bearing years. I'm now 46 and for the last 5 years or so my periods have become very heavy again, with clots, and lasting as long as 12 days, usually no less than 8. This year they have become very irregular, sometimes coming on time, but usually coming early. In one case only a week after the last one finished. This time, I started spotting on day 16 of my cycle. I have been having a few to several days of spotting before periods as well, which is new. Mild cramping but not bad. I had an ultrasound where they said my lining was 9mm, and that they saw a fibroid and an ovarian cyst. I have also had two more ultrasounds since then just a couple weeks ago, the second one a saline-infused one, but don't have the results yet. Any perspectives from folks who were diagnosed in their perimenopausal years?
    A bit concerned that I ignored my heavy periods for years putting it down to perimenopause...

Newbie New User
    freckles here again - forgot to mention that I also had a pap smear that came back with endometrial cells.

+ Reply to Thread