A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nervous about dads oncology appointment.

Regular User

Nervous about dads oncology appointment.

Hello everyone, My dad was diagnosed early feb with his cancer.We see oncologist on Monday after was seems like an eternity of waiting. The cancer has spread fron kidney, to lungs and to lymph glands so I have been quite pessimistic about his chances full recovery. We have already been told that chemo and radio are not an option, my dads cancer is stage 4.

I suppose what I really want to hear is that there may be good news awaiting us on monday. Or your support which has been great recently.

Newbie New User
    Hi there. My dad was just diagnosed on Wednesday and is having his first meeting with the oncolgist in just 1 hour. We don't know anything yet- what stage, prognosis, treatment, etc. I just wanted to let you know that you have my support and you're not alone. I am light headed and terrified for my dad.

Redcar,

I wish you both luck at the appointment on Monday. Either I don't remember or never heard why he wasn't a candidate for some type of chemo to buy him more time.

You know we're always here for you. Anytime there is a Stage IV diagnosis, it's one hard thing to wrap your brain around. The shock lasts a long time.

Hang in there!

God bless,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Quote Originally Posted by BT8302 View Post
    Hi there. My dad was just diagnosed on Wednesday and is having his first meeting with the oncolgist in just 1 hour. We don't know anything yet- what stage, prognosis, treatment, etc. I just wanted to let you know that you have my support and you're not alone. I am light headed and terrified for my dad.
    Hi BT,

Please feel free to start your own thread so you can get any information and support you need too! Don't be shy. I'm very sorry that cancer has entered your family. Yes, cancer can be terrifying during the diagnostic stage. Sometimes I think that's the worst part of the journey -- all the tests and waiting. Drives us crazy.

God bless,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Will be thinking of you both and praying for you and your families as you enter this new journey of your life. I concur with pbj that the waiting is tough. Not much else I can say now but you are not alone.
    Husband (year of birth 1941) dx'd 2008 NSCLC - Squamous Cell Carcinoma
    Chemo and Radiation Treatments together. Allergic reaction to Taxol & Taxotere.
    The Story 2008 to 1/2011: http://www.cancerforums.net/about9079.html

2010/2011: Returned & spread to lower lumbar bone/marrow. Stage 4.
    Chemo & Radiation together. Allergic reaction to Erbitux. Chemo was only Navelbine.
    The Story continues 2/2011: Story continues 2/2011: http://tinyurl.com/68qpmym

+ Reply to Thread