A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stage 4 spread to lymph nodes and liver...

Newbie New User

stage 4 spread to lymph nodes and liver...

I decided to repost, we found out its stage 4. They are doing the most agressive chemo possible, though I'm seeing that's more of a prolonging life/reducing symptoms of the cancer once chemo is done, rather then a cure. My step dad is saying that the chemo will work, I just don't want to get my hopes up. I have hope, I just want to be realistic. She is the last real family I have... I'm taking time from work/quitting to take care of her.

Hi Hopeful,

I'm sorry that they've restaged her cancer to IV. What a shock for you and the family. Take things a day at a time and be an advocate for her, if she wants you to step into that role.

Don't worry about what your SF is thinking. Each person needs to hold onto certain levels of hope in order to get through this emotionally.

Be very careful about your choice to quit a job in this economy when your Mom does have your Step-father there to take care of her. Just a suggestion. I know how much you love her.

God bless and keep us updated as she moves into treatment.

Hugs,
    PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Newbie New User
    My step father is disabled and unable to care for my mom, I have to take care of her, right now work is letting me do a part time schedule for 2 months. Im sitting with her right now as we are doing a second chemo, they said they would do chemo two or three months. We shall see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread