A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lump on my leg

Lump on my leg

I've got a lump on my right leg for about 2 years now. It's pretty small, shinny and it has a little brown dott on top. I thought it's a new mole at first. I shaved the top of it by accident for a few times, but it didn't change in size. I'm worried about it, because I think it changed in color a little bit (it could be from the sun tan too).
    Could it be a skin cancer? If it's a cancer, how the accidental shaving would've affect it?

It sounds like that lump can be a small basal cell cancer. They aren't deadly like melanoma, but an appt with a surgeon or dematologist to have it removed should be made. The treatment for a basal cell is excision. However you mentioned a tan. If it is a basal cell cancer, this can increase your risk for developing melanoma so you need to be careful as to tanning!!!!!!!!! As I have recommended in the past, when in doubt about a lesion, one should have it removed. Skin cancer is much more curable when found and treated early.
    Go and see a good dermatologist.

Thanks for the answer. Now I'm very concerned. I made an appointment with dermatologist for September 12th. Can I wait that long? It's very hard to get an appointment with dermatologist in the area where I live.

I'm trying to use sunblock everytime I'm in the sun, but I still get tanned a little.

Is it possible, that is something else and not the cancer.....

You know we always think the worse. It could be a keratosis, I really don't know and am speaking from my own experience. I had what sounds like a similar lesion on my shin years ago. It was excised and a nonpigmentd basal cell cancer. I have not had any further problems. About10 years later another lesion appeared on my chest, and it was a non pigmented solar keratosis. So it is hard to say. I hate to say don't worry because you will until you are seen by the doctor.
    I am sure you will be fine.
    best of luck

for how long have you had it, before you went to the doctor's? I have it for a couple of years and I just started to worry about it now..... I hoppe it's not to late....

Administrator Top User brainman's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have deleted several replies to this topic because they were off topic and involved alternative treatments. If you wish to continue to discuss that treatment, please, use the alternative treatment forum. Thank you.
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

+ Reply to Thread