A website to provide support for people who have or have had any type of cancer, for their caregivers and for their family members.
Page 60 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: My cancer

Senior User
    Jody, thinking of you too and hoping you had a great getaway last weekend with the hubby and hoping you were able to get all the hospice business back on track. Ready for Christmas? ((Hugs)) Anj
    Caregiver to mom, 64 Ovarian Cancer Remission since 1997.
    6/19/12 Annual blood work - CA125 came back elevated.
    6/21/12 CT abdomen, RUL 2.8cm spot, LLL 5mm spot, lt. adrenal gland mass 8.3cm, rt. adrenal gland mass 4.6 cm.,
    6/28/12 Brain MRI-Clear,
    6/29/12 Lung Biopsy=Stage 4 NSCLC.
    7/11, 8/3, 8/23, 9/13/12 Chemo (Carb/Alimta).
    CT Scan 10/4/12 1 of 4 tumors decreased. 20% Kidney function. Blood transfusion
    10/9/12. Mets to liver.
    12/11 chemo (carb/taxotere) continued thru March.
    March 27, 2013. Told no more chemo, cancer now in the brain, to call out Hospice. Set up hospice March 31, 2013. Mom passed April 12, 2013. She will always be in my heart, never forgotten and always loved. May we reunite soon....after only a temporary separation!

Senior User
    Missing your posts and thinking about you
    MOM-My best friend. 76 years old, COPD, atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, smoker. Hospitalized 4/12 - Sick, fever, terrible coughing, extreme fatigue. X-rays and cat scan showed 2 areas on left lung (ULL and LLL)-diagnosis pneumonia. Hospitalized for 5 days. Was on antibiotics for weeks. Primary care doctor kept watch, sending her every month for x-rays May through August. Mass on ULL gone but LLL still showed shadow. CAT scan with contrast/September. LLL shadow on CAT scan. October/PET scan ordered, LLL mass lit up and lymph node on right side of chest, hilar area. Bronchoscopy/November 2012/preliminary tests shows Adenocarcinoma in lymph nodes, didn't get a good sample from LLL but they think that's where the primary tumor is. We are waiting for her first oncology appointment 12/6/2012. My mom is very depressed. Her oncology appointment cannot get here soon enough.
    FACEBOOK-Vickie Catara

Senior User
    Jody,
    Thinking of you and am missing you.
    Shannon

Top User
    Just popping in to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know how you are doing if you feel up to it!
    Mom's xray July 2011 looks suspicious, CAT scan July 2011 SCLC ES diagnosed August 2011
    Etoposide Carboplatin begins august 24th 2011
    CAT December 2011 lung tumors gone or greatly reduced, liver tumor not detectable PCR January 2012 CAT March 2012 more shrinkage
    CAT July 2012 tumors growing July 2012 Topotecan CAT October 2012 Liver tumor has grown October 2012 Taxotere begins CT scan - no growth - brain mets, WBRT in February, CT Scan in March 2013 shows more growth, begin Gemzar.
    Mom passed away July 8, 2013.

Hello everyone and happy holidays. My kids and their families are stopping in tonight for Christmas dinner and gift exchange. I bought five of those Hall Mark recordable books to be shared through the years. I know they won't be little forever, but they will always have them. The kids are bringing in the food so there isn't a lot for me to do. We had our first snow flurries here today. Yippiee...I don't mind snow. It's the bitter cold! Brrrr. j
    May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favour. Born 1960. Diagnosed 4/2011 with one tumor, LUL, NSCLC. Tumor size 1.1 inches. Thoracic surgery 6/1/2011. No action taken. Eight weeks of radiation and chemo. Carbo and Taxol. Follow up with four rounds of Carbo and Alimta.
    December 2011 CT scan shows all clear.
    April 2012 CT scan shows all clear. July 2012 had several x-rays taken at the chiropractor for shoulder pain. Took them to the onc and nothing suspicious noted. See them again in Oct.
    October didn't work out. Pain in the left shoulder continued to worsen and lymph nodes in the supraclavical swelled so I called the onc and they bumped the regular scan up to September 19 and we went for the results on the 24th. The tumor is back and the spread is extensive. Option 1: Try targeting chemos that may work and then on to clinical trials. These would give me about a year or so if the cancer responds. Option 2: Do no treatment and let nature take its course. This will give me six months give or take. As good as I feel right now, Iím going for door #2 and will continue to live well and enjoy myself until I donít. Iíll keep you posted. Live it up everyone!

7 months into hospice and palliative care. It has been a very good relationship with the organization as a whole with a minor glitch. April 2013 spent the night at hospice facility, PICC line inserted for morphine drip. I said I wouldnít but, had a hospital bed delivered. Started 10 rounds of palliative radiation to shrink the neck tumor. Busy month for me!

I've taken a couple of nasty falls this last week. (first of & mid-May) Right on the cancer shoulder. So I have a life alert necklace on me now. I wish I could get my hands on a small scooter!

There is another node swelling on the other side of my neck. Still small.

April51's (Jody) daughter posted that her Mother's journey in this world had ended on July 8th 2013.You touched so very many lives. Soar high Jody!

Thanks for checking in Jody. Merry Christmas!

mike
    At the time - 46 yo male, non-smoker
    Sept 2012 - DX - One tumor NSCLC Squamous Cell Right Upper Lung
    Oct 2012 - TX - Treatment similar to Pancoast Tumor - Pre-operation radiation and chemo (5.5 weeks of IGRT and 3 cycles of Cisplatin and Etoposide)
    Dec 2012 - Surgery - Remove RUL, Surgical Pathology Report Adenocarcinoma T2N0M0
    Now - Wait, watch, & pray

Super Moderator Top User po18guy's Avatar
    Amen! A very merry Christmas to you and yours!

Jim
    07/08 DX PTCL - NOS, 4B >50 tumors + BMI
    08/08-12/08 4 cycles CHOEP + 4 cycles GND
    02/09 Relapse
    03/09-06/13 Clinical trial of Romidepsin. NED for 64 (28 day) cycles
    07/13 Second relapse. Auto-immune symptoms
    08/13 Romidepsin increased. Failed 02/14
    09/14 Third relapse
    10/06/14 One cycle Belinostat. Ineffective
    10/13/14 AngioImmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma also found
    10/25/14 Trial of Alisertib (MLN8237). Failed 01/05/14
    01/12/15 Belinostat resumed. Failed 02/23/15
    02/24/15 Pralatrexate started. Failed 04/17/15
    04/09/15 Gene mapping reveals both PTCL-NOS and AITL
    04/22/15 Experimental Bendamustine/Carboplatin/Etoposide (TREC) started.
    06/04/15 Stage 4 > stage 0 NED once again.

"What is faith? It is that which gives substance to our hopes, which convinces us of things we cannot see"
    Hebrews 11:1

Senior User
    Merry Christmas Jody!
    ((((Hugs))))
    73 y/o MIL- dx Ex Stage SCLC 4/30/12
    Liver biopsy 06/21/12
    Mets to lymph nodes & spine
    July 4, 5, 6. Chemo
    July 16, in hospital for pain
    July 18. CAT scan.Brain ok,Spine has mets
    July 23-27 radiation to prevent fracture
    Chemo Aug 8, 9, 10
    Chemo Aug 29, 30, 31
    Chemo Sept 26,27,28
    Cat Scan Oct 3, Oncologist Oct 15
    More mets, no further treatment
    Jan 8/13- CT confirmed large brain mets
    Hospitalized...declining.
    Feb 19, 2013 Carol passed away with all of us at her side.

Hi Jody and Merry Christmas to you and your family! May the season give you all goodness, I am glad to hear everyone is gathering to be with you. I hope you are feeling reasonably well and that you will have much time to share memories with those grandkids...God bless,

kermica
    When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
    ~Author Unknown

Age 64
    Follicular lymphoma diagnosed August 08, Stage 1
    2 cycles (20 treatments each) localized radiation to tumor sites. Remission confirmed July 09
    Restaged to Stage 3 May 2010
    Recurrence confirmed May 2010 - Watch and Wait commenced - multiple scans with minimal progression.
    Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma diagnosed September 2012. Mohs surgical excision 09/2012. Successful, clean edges all around.
    Significant progression detected in PET scan - December 2012
    Biopsy to check for transformation 1/18/2013 - negative for that but full of lymphoma, of course.
    July 2013 - Rescan due to progression shows one tumor (among many) very suspect for transformation, another biopsy 8/12/13.
    August 2013 - No evidence of transformation, 6 courses of B+R commence 8/29 due to "extensive, systemic disease".
    February 2014 - Diagnostic PET scan states: Negative PET scan. Previous noted hypermetabolic cervical, axillary, iliac and inguinal lymphadenopathy has resolved. Doctor confirms full remission.
    June 2014 - started 2 year maintenance Rituxin, 1 infusion every 3 months. Doctor confirms lump under right arm are "suspicious" for recurrent disease, deferring scans for now.
    February 2015 - Doc and I agreed to stop R maintenance as it is depressing my immune system too much.
    June 2015 - Confirm that the beast is back by physical exam, will scan in August after esophageal issues settle down so we can get a clear view.

Remember the Rules!

Super Moderator Top User sheila's Avatar
    happy holidays to you too April- flurries all warm and cozy with family doesnt get any better than that.
    MOMS Journey
    April06- Emergencysurgery,exploratory,10units blood,largetumor and 10inches of colon removed,temp.colostomy.diagnosed stage IV colon.
    oxyplatin,5fu
    Oct06-radiation,surgery,several lymphs,cervix,1 ovary,fallopian,40% remaining colon,large tumor to adipose tissue,appendix,gallbladder removed.permant colostomy/iliostomy
    oxyplatin,transfusion.
    April 07-xeloda-overdose
    surgery-1/3liver,partial diaphra, removed clipped and questionable spots oblated.
    port-port rejection-port removed 1week.
    picc line,5fu,oxyplatin,camptosar.
    Oct-08-surgery-remaining ovary engulfed in tumor,partial bone scrape.
    transfusion central line TPN 1 month.
    oct-09-surgery tumor ,colon and jejuneum removed.
    xeloda reduced. severe dehydration,heart attack.
    april10-remission-avistan
    oct-10-erbitux,camptosar
    Jan-11-5fu
    mar-11 return to original site-oxyplatin,5fu
    Aug-11-erbitux,camptosar.
    dec-28-blood transfusion
    dec-30-back to chemo erbitux camtosar
    Jan-16 injections neulasta and aranesp
    feb16-transfusion
    feb 21-Tumor found stomach,liver, and liver "hot spots" inflamed lymph in rt ureter in kidney causing obstruction-surgery schedualed Mar 16.
    march 16/12-no more kidney obstruction not lymph ...dehydration is causing blockage, two litters blood for anemia, stomach liver tumor small-med,abalation, 1 hidden tumor deep in muscle mass on side flank(hid from scans) -gone!
    june/15/12-blood transfusion
    starting a regimine of celebrex
    aug/16/12-blood transfusion
    aug/30-12 discontinued celebrex -failure one kidney. needed to see urologist
    sept/10-12-good urologist report one kidney functioning well for now.
    oct/23/12-chemo pill Stivarga(regorafenib)
    Nov/22/12-blood transfusion
    dec/18/12-blood transfusion chemo pill dosage cut back to 1 pill.
    Feb/21/13 neulasta injection
    Feb/22/13-blood transfusion. still taking stivarga.
    mar/20/13-arenespt injection rehydration and magnesium IV
    mar/21/13-acute renal failure-kidney infection
    april/1/13.-recovery from 4 day coma infection cleared/4 units blood/ off stivarga/starting rehab therapy,
    swollen hand no apparent reason black spots in vision off and on. both cleared up.
    may/22/13-home oxycodone for pain shoulder neck arm
    june/1/13 pain subsided off oxy onto aleve
    june/09/13-pain back off aleve on vicodin
    june 10/13-cancer in back/neck- starting radiation for arm neck and shoulder pain.
    june24/13-last day of radiation-on steroids
    july1/13-swollen legs and feet-lasix off steroids still on vicodin and xanax
    july 23/13 vicodin cut in half blood transfusion.
    sept/6/13-off all pain meds since late aug
    scan results fracture in spine mid back
    sept/12/13-spine healing on its own,weaning off steroids, no visible tumors.
    nov/7/13-edema both legs and one arm on lasix since oct.
    nov/21/13- leg edema subsiding still alot in one arm- she is talking but keeps her eyes closed. achy but no major pain. nurse and aide to visit once a week schedualed. having trouble standing.
    nov/24/13-sadly but peacefully moms cancer journey is at an end, she will start her new spiritual journey together hand in hand with dad.