Help-Mole growing and changing color
I have a mole on my upper back. It is growing and changing colors. I have been googling different types of moles and I don't see anything like it anywhere. I don't have insurance, I am not eligible to go to a clinic and am unemployed at this time. I am a little scared. Lately I have been blacking out (basically seeing flashing light), getting really hot and then passing out.
I don't know what to do. My options seem faint.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
I'm sorry to hear about this mole condition. Is it in a spot where something is rubbing and irritating it? I had one removed from my back years ago because it was doing a little bleeding and changing from my bra rubbing on it. I don't know a thing about these types of things nor why you're having black outs and flushing.
There are many clinics in each county that provide service on a sliding scale, but you say you can't go to one? I should think that you'd certainly be eligible with being out of work. If these blackouts are frequent, you might want to have someone bring you to the ER. You could seriously injure yourself if you fall during one of these episodes. I doubt that the mole and the other issues are connected, but you can have the ER doctor take a look see while you are looked at for the black-outs.
Please get some medical care. Call the county social worker, at the very least, to discuss your problem. Let us know.
God bless and good luck,
Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.
Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0
Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!
I can't go to a clinic because they take into consideration my boyfriend's income, which he makes more than their sliding scale. Unfortunately he is paying all the bills right now, which leaves us with basically no extra money.
My mole isn't rubbing on anything. It is a dark brown around the outside and almost white with splotches in the middle. It is growing so fast. I am just very nervous. I have called all the clinics and community health programs in the area and nobody can offer any help.
Heather, your boyfriend's income has no bearing on your ability to get treatment. Just tell them that you have no direct means of support, since you are not married, it is true. You need to get this mole looked at right away, period. I am moving this post to the Melanoma clinic so the experts can chime in but feel strongly that I am giving you solid advice about this situation.
When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
Follicular lymphoma diagnosed August 08, Stage 1
2 cycles (20 treatments each) localized radiation to tumor sites. Remission confirmed July 09
Restaged to Stage 3 May 2010
Recurrence confirmed May 2010 - Watch and Wait commenced - multiple scans with minimal progression.
Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma diagnosed September 2012. Mohs surgical excision 09/2012. Successful, clean edges all around.
Significant progression detected in PET scan - December 2012
Biopsy to check for transformation 1/18/2013 - negative for that but full of lymphoma, of course.
July 2013 - Rescan due to progression shows one tumor (among many) very suspect for transformation, another biopsy 8/12/13.
August 2013 - No evidence of transformation, 6 courses of B+R commence 8/29 due to "extensive, systemic disease".
February 2014 - Diagnostic PET scan states: Negative PET scan. Previous noted hypermetabolic cervical, axillary, iliac and inguinal lymphadenopathy has resolved. Doctor confirms full remission.
June 2014 - started 2 year maintenance Rituxin, 1 infusion every 3 months. Doctor confirms lump under right arm are "suspicious" for recurrent disease, deferring scans for now.
February 2015 - Doc and I agreed to stop R maintenance as it is depressing my immune system too much.
June 2015 - Confirm that the beast is back by physical exam, will scan in August after esophageal issues settle down so we can get a clear view.
August 2015 - physical exam in error, PET/CT shows no evidence of disease. Remission continues well into second year!
December 2015 - Cardiologist tells me I have plaque buildup growing at an alarming rate. Stent or bypass down the road but not yet...
March 2016 - new tumor below the jaw so remission is over. Back to active surveillance until treatment is needed.