I had a bilateral mastectomy in May of this year. IDC in the left breast and DCIC (less than 25% of the tumor) and a prophalactic simple mastectomy for the right. My TNM was T1pN0MX, size of tumor was 1.2 cm
I had chemo 4rounds of A/C. Passed on the Taxenes as I already have neuropathy. Just getting ready to start on Arimidex. No reconstruction yet.
Now, on the left side I discovered two lumps just below the scar line under the skin. They are small -- almost BB size and my Oncologist was concerned but said we should wait and see if they change.
I am worried that it is a Local Recurrence. There is so much Cancer in my family history.
Should I wait the 3 months it will take me to get back into see him or should I call the surgeon and have him take a look. The Oncologist said they might be too small for him to want to remove. What is the advantage of waiting? How can something that "might" be cancer, be too small to remove?
I am thin, so a needle biopsy might be a risk, but as far as how I feel about it, they should just do an exisional biopsy right now!