A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am so scared, can someone help

Unhappy I am so scared, can someone help

Hi, I am 47 years old, 5 children age 26,25,24, 18, 16. I started menaupose a couple years ago, had not had a period for 10 months. Had some very light spotting 2 weeks ago. Went to doctor, he did FSH test , 56 was the results. Very menauposed. He is sending me for uterine biospy, I am so scared of having cancer, is there an outside chance that it is not cancer? even with FSH of 56? I had pelvic ultra sound done too, trans vaginal and over the tummy one. Waiting for results.. I am scared...I was sent for a biopsy over a year ago and the Gyn said there was no reason to do one as periods can come and go when in menaupose, even with low FSH... now my doc is insisting a year later thayt the Gyn does the biopsy.. do you think I am going to be ok..

Hi. I am so sorry you are having this frightening time.
    Hopefully someone will be along soon who knows more about this than I do. No one will be able to diagnose you though.
    You have come to the right place for caring support.

This time of waiting for tests then waiting for results is the pits. It is so frightening with all the what ifs going through our heads.
    We have all been there or have loved ones that have been through this and we completely understand.

I hope very much that you get the news that you no longer will need us as the results say no cancer.
    We are here for you and I send hugs as well as crossing my fingers for you.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Thanks Aussie, I guess I am a bit of a nerve reck.. how are you doing? Still ok? It is very nice that someone stricken find not only the courage to face the disease head on but to also help others. I am inspired, maybe I should not be so self centered and throw my worry out there, as for now it is not confirmed. Do you think sometime it can be normal eventhough FSH is 56? normal as in normal biopsy?

I'm afraid that I am no earthly use to you as my cancer is not this one they are testing for you.
    As hard as it is you may have to wait for the results.
    You are not in the least self centered posting about your worries. They drive us all bats and we need somewhere to be able to voice them and get support.

I am doing really well, thank you for asking.
    Aussie, age 57

6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

Moderator Top User
    Dear Seelife,

I think you are going to be seeing life for many many more years to come and enjoying your children and your granchildren. I think I remember hearing that statistically about 20% of post menopausal bleeding is due to cancer. That means that 80% of it is NOT. And even if it is cancer, endometrial cancer is typically found early and it is highly curable. Sounds like your doc is being very careful in ordering all those tests. But better safe than sorry I guess. If the ultrasound shows that the thickness of your endometrium is in the normal 3-4 mm range, you might want to ask your gyn if the biopsy is really necessary. Different doctors often have different opinions, so getting your gyn's opinion would seem like a good idea.

Waiting for results is hard, but I think you are going to be fine. Best wishes.

HAd bio[sy done, that came back normal, had a D&C and hiteroscopy last Tuesday, will get results in 3 weeks from now. I was terrified of biopsy and D&C butt it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Waiting now...as luck should have it I satrted bleeding a week before my D&C .. butt strange thing my hot flashes stopped as soon as bleeding started. Getting lots of cramping from D&C after one week.

Hello again. Biopsy showing nothing is great news and I hope the same happens after this D&C.
    You know from last time just how hard waiting for test results is.
    All we can do is try to distract ourselves as best we can during this very hard time. You are doing exactly the right thing to try and keep on top of all this and to get some answers.
    Good luck.
    Aussie, age 57

6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.

CancerForums User Policy

+ Reply to Thread