A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Hybrid View

Regular User

Hello

Hi,I'm Vicci. I'm 36 & live in Harrogate.UK. I am married & have a beautiful 5 month old baby girl called Kitty. Currently waiting for biopsy results to come back. Would be lovely to meet new people.x

Hello. What cancer are they testing for?
    We can then direct you to the appropriate forum.
    This waiting for test results is the pits, as you know.
    I hope very much that your tests do not show cancer.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Regular User
    Hi. Thank you for replying. They were removing a lump that's been slowly growing for the past 7 months but only because I kept asking. My doctor has been lovely but the hospital consultants have been horrendous. I was woken up after the procedure to be coldly told by the surgeon that he now thinks it's an enlarged lymph node & I'll have to wait for the results of the biopsy! That was it, I've now been left to wait & hear. Everything I read about hard,slow growing lymph nodes points towards lymphoma, I can't find anything positive to reassure myself in the mean time. Thanks for your help

What a lovely caring surgeon he was.
    My lymph nodes were soft and squishy and disappeared after 2 months only to have others take their place. I am not typical though.
    Lymph nodes can enlarge for many reasons.
    Try (as hard as it is) not to use Dr google during this waiting time. He has been known to scare people silly when later they find out that they did not have to worry.
    I hope very much that you are in that category.

This sticky post in the lymphoma forum may be of help.
    http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...h-NO-diagnosis
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Super Moderator Top User
    Vicci,
    Sorry you are in the waiting game that we on here have all been through. I know it's difficult to keep things in perspective whilst waiting and one always thinks the worst.
    I know Harrogate well as my mom lived there nearly all her life.
    Some consultants attitude is appalling, yet for them they need to keep a clinical distance, don't get me wrong I'm in no way supporting or justifying the way he approached the subject.
    Many I have met are arrogant, aloof appear to play the role of a little God in their own environment.
    Last time I was in in January over Xmas, one consultant who was not my treating consultant and shall remain nameless as what I have to say about him would get me sued for libel. He came round with his entourage of registrars, junior docs, sister and staff nurse and was so allow and offensive. My response was simple, quote " thank God your not my consultant as I would tell you, you arrogant sod to bugger off as I'd request a transfer to another hospital. There is no way I will accept treatment from you". End quote.
    He was stunned that someone lying in a bed had the temerity to to speak to him that way, his entourage looked shocked and to be honest 2 had a quiet snigger which he picked up. He looked down at me then smiled and said yes I was a little arrogant wasn't I, yes I said, he then asked could we start again, yep.
    30 minutes later came back alone and sat for 10 minutes to discuss my case. Totally different attitude.
    The one thing I have learned within the NHS is that if one does not trust or finds the consultant unacceptable or he is offensive tell the hospital your not happy and ask for another consultant.
    Having a consultant who is approachable, that has a good reputation and you can trust is immensely comforting.
    Hope your results are not as bad as you are thinking right now.
    Best wishes
    Barry
    And please if you get the chance have afternoon tea at Betty's for me and a walk on the Stray.
    Diagnosed stage 3 March 011
    Radical resection April 011
    Restaged 2b April 011.
    6 months after feeling great.
    Recent PET scan indicates no recurrence.
    12/09 Colonoscopy clear.
    Check CT scans for both CRC and for surgery. All clear
    Aortobifemoral surgery 5th May. yughh
    DEXA scan clear, Endoscopy all clear.
    CT showed "unknown" but no concern from docs.
    28/10 Thallium scan. More radioisotopes and 1 hour scan.
    Symptom recurrence, hard and painful Inguinal lymph nodes, referred back to CRC team for investigation 24/03/14
    Recurrence confirmed, but appears localised. Upcoming surgery again.

Regular User
    Thank you both for replying. I know googling for answers in these situations is not the best idea,I was just left a bit dumbfounded & wanted some reassurance-unfortunately I didn't get it! Well it's a small world Barry! Harrogate's lovely,I moved here around 14 years. well done for standing up to the consultant-fair play! I really wish you both all the best with your recoveries!.x
    P.S I'm sure I can manage a walk on the stray & then Betty's for you!

Regular User
    I just wanted to come back to this post to tell you that I got my results on Friday from my GP. Sadly it's Sarcoma( wasn't expecting that one!!!) we're all very frightened. Go back to see the consultant tomorrow & he will have met with the MDT. I don't think I'll know a great deal more until I've had further tests. The only other thing I do know is that the excisional biopsy didn't remive all the cancer.x

+ Reply to Thread