A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lump in armpit?

Newbie New User

Lump in armpit?

Hello! im a 26 year old woman, i found a very small lump in my armpit, i think it was a month ago, i tought it was from cutting wehn shaving, but 2 weeks later it was still there so i went to my family doctor, he said it was not a swollen lymph node, he said it was fibro something..( i cant remember the name right now) however he did ordered that i had an ultrasoud (breast and armpits)wich came back clean! he prescribted Volatren wich is an anti inflammatory, and said that if the lump did not reduced in size in 10 days he was going to extract it. It has been 1 week i i still feel the lump,( maybe it has reduced by 2%) But i really need to know if you think i should go to see another doctor. In order to feel the lump i need to stretch that area, if i dont stretch it i really dont feel itso this makes me think it MAY me a lymph node since it is so deep and doesnt feel superficial like my doctor said. I have anxiety so im always thinking this must be something bad. I will appreciate your opinion.

If you use anti-perspirant, try going without for a few days. It could be a reaction to the aluminum.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5747251_ca...pit-pain_.html
    My Story: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=11396
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 1AE (localized in colon)
    Began six cycles of R chop 21 3rd Dec 2008
    Finished R chop 21 Apr 2009
    Complete remission as of May 2009
    Confirmed April 2010

Administrator Top User ChemoMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by igit77 View Post
    Hello! im a 26 year old woman, i found a very small lump in my armpit, i think it was a month ago, i tought it was from cutting wehn shaving, but 2 weeks later it was still there so i went to my family doctor, he said it was not a swollen lymph node, he said it was fibro something..( i cant remember the name right now) however he did ordered that i had an ultrasoud (breast and armpits)wich came back clean! he prescribted Volatren wich is an anti inflammatory, and said that if the lump did not reduced in size in 10 days he was going to extract it. It has been 1 week i i still feel the lump,( maybe it has reduced by 2%) But i really need to know if you think i should go to see another doctor. In order to feel the lump i need to stretch that area, if i dont stretch it i really dont feel itso this makes me think it MAY me a lymph node since it is so deep and doesnt feel superficial like my doctor said. I have anxiety so im always thinking this must be something bad. I will appreciate your opinion.
    Your doctor is doing the right thing. its alway a watch and wait period first usually with medication to see what happens. The fact that he will excise the node if it hasn't gone down is sound medical practice so I think he is doing a great job.

Relax you will be OK. lets us know what happens if you feel up to it.

Good luck
    Age 58
    Diffuse Large B cell Lymphoma
    Stage 2a
    Finished six cycles of R chop 21 26th May 2008
    Officially in remission 9th July 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 1st October 2008
    Remission reconfirmed 17th June 2009
    Remission reconfirmed 7th June 2010
    Remission reconfirmed 6th July 2011
    NED on the 2/01/2013
    No more scheduled visits to the Prof
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9620

RULE NUMBER 1.....Don't Panic
    RULE NUMBER 2..... Don't forget rule Number 1

Great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
    but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

+ Reply to Thread