A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello all, i have a interesting concept

Post Hello all, i have a interesting concept

Hi all,

This is my first post here, looks like a really great site.

Having lived the first 25 years of my life in South Africa and now living in Australia, I have seen first hand the damage that the sun can cause to your skin. I was diagnosed with my first BCC at 22 years and another was removed off my face at 26. This is very rare for someone so young as I am now only 27. I have to be very careful about choosing my outdoor activities as my skin is very sensitive to the suns UV rays.

I am a software developer and recently created an app on the android market to help create awareness about the dangers of melanoma. It uses the commonly accepted (ABCDE) way of assessing the risk of a mole. you can check it out at

Link removed as per Forum Policy.

Would be great to hear what you think, its not perfect and is just something I created in my spare time, but If it helps create a little more awareness then its done its job.
    Last edited by Kermica; 03-22-2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Link removed as per Forum policy
    Mark Shippen
    Link removed as per Forum Policy

Moderator Senior User
    Anything that raises awareness is great, but I'm worried someone might use this app instead of seeking advice from an actual doctor.
    31-year-old agnostic survivor of low-grade oligo-astrocytoma, diagnosed 6/17/11.
    I maintain the Ramblings of a Traitorous Mind blog as a chronicle of my battle with cancer and my related reflections.

Absolutely, there is no substitute for a real doctor... All results in the app say that you should see a doctor regardless of what the app shows, realistically u can't diagnose from a simple photo, that would be crazy. The app does show you using your mole what symptoms to be aware of.
    Mark Shippen
    Link removed as per Forum Policy

+ Reply to Thread