A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did your breast lump/mass come and go? Did it show in Mamo and US as suspicious?

Newbie New User

Did your breast lump/mass come and go? Did it show in Mamo and US as suspicious?

Dec 31, 2011 I noticed my breast lump/mass that was very painful and big. I saw a radiologist who examined, did mamo and US the same day. That huge painful mass did show on both mamo and US but the result was Birad 1. I was prescribed anti biotic, took them accordingly and the lump/mass went away. 10 days later the lump/mass disappeared and the breast felt normal. 2/15 no significant symptoms but I saw a BS for a second opinon anyway. He couldn't feel anything ofcourse since the lump was no longer there, did US and mamo. He annouced: Everything is normal. April 5th, my breast started getting painful and sore. The next day I found a golf size ball lump in the same spot and in the same breast. April 7 the lump/mass got even bigger and turned in to an oblong shape about 3"x5". It is painful just like the one in Dec. Arthritis on my knuckles and my elbow comes and goes. throat is tender on one side when swallowing, feeling tired and out of breath about once a day. Has anyone ever been in my situation and what is your diagnosis?

Regular User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gott View Post
    April 5th, my breast started getting painful and sore. The next day I found a golf size ball lump in the same spot and in the same breast. April 7 the lump/mass got even bigger and turned in to an oblong shape about 3"x5". It is painful just like the one in Dec.
    The symptoms which you mention seem more in favour of an infective pathology and not a cancer. Besides, most breast cancers, rarely if ever, produce pain and redness (except inflammatory breast cancer). So I suggest, you visit your doctor and let him/her assess and opine.
    For a complete knowhow on breastcancer, visit: http://www.breastcancerindia.net
    Join the crusade against cancer, just say 'I CAN FIGHT IT'. http://facebook.com/icanfightit

Newbie New User

update

Quote Originally Posted by sumeetshah View Post
    The symptoms which you mention seem more in favour of an infective pathology and not a cancer. Besides, most breast cancers, rarely if ever, produce pain and redness (except inflammatory breast cancer). So I suggest, you visit your doctor and let him/her assess and opine.
    I got up this morning and I could tell my breast mass is shrinking
    As wierd as it sounds I want it to stay with me till I see the doc on Wed to get a biosy but I can guess shrinking is a good sign. The pain though is still there and sometimes its really bad. I just thought I'd update. Thanks for replying to my post.

Newbie New User
    BS did core needle biopsy today. Result on Monday, I will keep you posted.

Fingers crossed for you!
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Newbie New User
    It's 4:15 pm Monday but no call from the doctor. I hope no news in good news!

Newbie New User
    B9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my condition is called chronic inflamatory. Thanks for the support. You are all in my thoughts.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo pleased for you!!!!! Now, get outa here and enjoy your life and I hope the cancer word has nothing to do with you for the rest of it.
    You made my night...well..morning. It is 3am. Gotta love insomnia but it's worth it to hear news like this.

Many hugs.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

+ Reply to Thread