A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bumps on Vaginal wall

New User

Bumps on Vaginal wall

Hello, I am in PANIC MODE so please be nice I may get off track or mis-spell and not type all of the questions.

OK, I noticed ages ago..... about a year/year in a half ago that I had little bumps in my vaginal wall. I was not concerned because at the time I was pregnant and surely if it were an issue my GYNO would have said something during a vaginal check right? Well yesterday I was washing using my hand and I noticed that the one bump I had grown used to having just inside on my vaginal wall has gotten much bigger. I had my husband look at it today and he said it is "a white bump" and told me I had several others in the general area (I already knew that as I have felt them before) but the others have not grown just this one.

I have done reaserch on here and everything I find keeps leading me back to Vaginal Cancer........ This may be so or it may be the Panic and I am only seeing what I am fearing. So here are the facts:

I have a white bump that used to be quite small and is now the size of a "small lentil", I have No Pain, discomfort, nothing in fact if it weren't for me washing with my hand yesterday I never would have known the silly thing had grown, I have a lot of stomach pain and what feels like pain in my bowels and gassyness which can be helped if I pass gas or shift it but it never stays gone for long and the "pain" changes in degree but is never so much so that I can't function it just varies in it's annoyance, I have been fighting a Urinary Track Infection for the past 10 weeks off and on but mostly on, the bump itself it smooth but hard to tell if it is soft inside or not but again absolutely painless No Matter how often I mess with it.

Facts: Had baby in Jan by C-Section. Complained of pain in tummy and close to C-Section scar and was told that it may never go away. Feels like gas most of the time anyway. Had complete physical in June and complete blood work and everything came back perfect. Had PAP in July and it was Negative (Yes I know they are often wrong) I would assume since I had a C-Section and tubes tied in Jan and then the PAP in July if something was wrong my GYNO should have noticed right?

So what is it? What caused the bump to grow? If it is Cancer how on earth was it missed? Could it really progress that fast.... 4 months? Am I panicing for nothing? Am I on the wrong trail? Has anyone else had similar white bumps that they can offer another option? does it have to be cancer? If it is cancer why aren't the other bumps growing too? Can anyone help?

Thank You, Susan.

New User

Bumps on Vaginal wall

Hi. I just joined this forum a couple hours ago (posted my own question) and have been reading the posts here since then.

I hope you've gotten your answer since posting your question, but if you haven't, I'd like to share my experience.

I have had bumps on my vaginal wall for several years, and have asked several doctors [gyn's, primary care physicians (pcp), oncologists] about them, and have been told every time not to worry about them, that they simply appear in some women.

However, I do know to keep asking my doctors about things like this, without being nagging. That is, at least once a year bring it up with your pcp or gyn. The bumps will probably NEVER amount to anything, but by occasionally asking about them, you will learn immediately if the status should ever change.

Wouldn't it be nice if we never had any flaws? But then, if we were all perfect, what would we ever talk about????
    Kateri in Florida

New User

Kateri

Hello, I never got it checked partly because I was/am afraid of the answer and partly because I am only allowed one Vaginal exam a year per insurance and don't want to spend the money only to find out it is nothing. I chose to grab a mirror (later the same day I posted the original question) and take a look myself..... I was very VERY red and what I saw was a white lump almost like a tiny pearl embedded in my vaginal wall..... In my infinate wisdom I got the brainy idea to try and "pop" it like a zit. I pushed the white bump against my pelvic bone as hard as I could noting pain but not painful..... It's hard to expain it was there and I felt it and it was uncomfortable but not really painful.... Odd kind of "pain". Anyway, I did this several times noting that the bump was in fact getting smaller almost like it was going back into my skin.... The next day when I checked it, it was back to it's normal size and I have yet to notice it grow since as I do check it periotically. I don't know maybe it was just a fluke. Maybe I irritated it somehow and didn't notice it until I washed as I rarely use my hand but in the case where I notice the growth I had.

Anyway, Thank You for the reply.

Susan.

Administrator Top User brainman's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At this point, I only have one recommendation: have it checked by a doctor. It may cost you some now, but it could save your life! If it is a cancer, the longer you delay the harder it will be to treat.
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

+ Reply to Thread