A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weaning down the FloMax

Regular User

Weaning down the FloMax

I'm almost 4 months post brachytherapy, and have just recently been able to go from the 2x FloMax daily down to 1x with no apparent problems. I had some initial urinary problems at the height of my radiation dosage and that's why the uro increased the FloMax. It had really seemed like the double dosage was zapping my energy and stamina levels. Seem to feel much more alert in the afternoon, and don't immediately crash in the evenings after work.

I'm hoping to be able to get off it completely in due time.

Newbie New User
    I had the seed implant 4.5 years ago. I was on Flomax right after but I had many dizzy periods especially while playing golf so I stopped taking it. I just recently had problems after having back Xrays and an Mri. I started bleeding and after a week, I could not pass urine and had to have a catheter put in. I started back on Flomax after the catheter was removed. Two weeks later I ended up in the Emergency room after passing out and having a blood pressure reading of 60/40. The Flomax and my blood pressure medicine were a deadly combination! I am off the Flomax as soon as my prescription runs out and back on just blood pressure medicine.

+ Reply to Thread