A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hysteroscopy revealed uterine cancer

Newbie New User

Hysteroscopy revealed uterine cancer

Hi, I'm glad I found this forum because it is so difficult keeping all my worries inside. I try not to talk to my husband or daughter too much about how I feel because I know it only makes them worry. I'm 61 years old and overweight. I finished menopause when I was 52 and last fall had a little spotting. I told my regular doctor (not gyne). She ordered a vaginal ultrasound and later a biopsy...everything normal so we waited for three more months to see if the spotting continued. It did, but was cyclical...almost like a little period. Then a few weeks ago a had some severe bleeding and she referred me to a gyne. She immediately scheduled me for a hysteroscopy because she believed I had polyps. After surgery she told my husband that everything looked normal. A week later, I followed up with her, and she told me she removed a polyp, the lab report indicated that there were cancer cells in her biopsy. She was astonished because she did not think the polyp looked cancerous at all. It was whiteish in color and very rounded, smooth with no fingers. She even showed it to a colleague, and he agreed with her. So WHAM, I am scheduled to see an oncologist in St. Louis this coming Wednesday. She thinks that the oncologist will recommend a hysterectomy. The waiting is the hardest part, but I'm so scared. I live far away from my six sisters, and I knew my oldest sister who is 73 was diagnosed with endrimetrial almost a year ago. She underwent a hysterectomy and has to be examined every three months. So far, no recurrence. My other sisters told me they have all had hysterectomies, but no cancer. My mother died from pancreatic cancer when she was only 63. I just needed to talk to someone, and I thank you for listening to me.

Super Moderator Top User sheila's Avatar
    wecer- Hi sorry you have all these concerns- just want to welcome you -I am not knowelegeable of uterine cancer but give it some time and someone who knows more should be along. waiting is very hard I agree. hang in there
    MOMS Journey
    April06- Emergencysurgery,exploratory,10units blood,largetumor and 10inches of colon removed,temp.colostomy.diagnosed stage IV colon.
    oxyplatin,5fu
    Oct06-radiation,surgery,several lymphs,cervix,1 ovary,fallopian,40% remaining colon,large tumor to adipose tissue,appendix,gallbladder removed.permant colostomy/iliostomy
    oxyplatin,transfusion.
    April 07-xeloda-overdose
    surgery-1/3liver,partial diaphra, removed clipped and questionable spots oblated.
    port-port rejection-port removed 1week.
    picc line,5fu,oxyplatin,camptosar.
    Oct-08-surgery-remaining ovary engulfed in tumor,partial bone scrape.
    transfusion central line TPN 1 month.
    oct-09-surgery tumor ,colon and jejuneum removed.
    xeloda reduced. severe dehydration,heart attack.
    april10-remission-avistan
    oct-10-erbitux,camptosar
    Jan-11-5fu
    mar-11 return to original site-oxyplatin,5fu
    Aug-11-erbitux,camptosar.
    dec-28-blood transfusion
    dec-30-back to chemo erbitux camtosar
    Jan-16 injections neulasta and aranesp
    feb16-transfusion
    feb 21-Tumor found stomach,liver, and liver "hot spots" inflamed lymph in rt ureter in kidney causing obstruction-surgery schedualed Mar 16.
    march 16/12-no more kidney obstruction not lymph ...dehydration is causing blockage, two litters blood for anemia, stomach liver tumor small-med,abalation, 1 hidden tumor deep in muscle mass on side flank(hid from scans) -gone!
    june/15/12-blood transfusion
    starting a regimine of celebrex
    aug/16/12-blood transfusion
    aug/30-12 discontinued celebrex -failure one kidney. needed to see urologist
    sept/10-12-good urologist report one kidney functioning well for now.
    oct/23/12-chemo pill Stivarga(regorafenib)
    Nov/22/12-blood transfusion
    dec/18/12-blood transfusion chemo pill dosage cut back to 1 pill.
    Feb/21/13 neulasta injection
    Feb/22/13-blood transfusion. still taking stivarga.
    mar/20/13-arenespt injection rehydration and magnesium IV
    mar/21/13-acute renal failure-kidney infection
    april/1/13.-recovery from 4 day coma infection cleared/4 units blood/ off stivarga/starting rehab therapy,
    swollen hand no apparent reason black spots in vision off and on. both cleared up.
    may/22/13-home oxycodone for pain shoulder neck arm
    june/1/13 pain subsided off oxy onto aleve
    june/09/13-pain back off aleve on vicodin
    june 10/13-cancer in back/neck- starting radiation for arm neck and shoulder pain.
    june24/13-last day of radiation-on steroids
    july1/13-swollen legs and feet-lasix off steroids still on vicodin and xanax
    july 23/13 vicodin cut in half blood transfusion.
    sept/6/13-off all pain meds since late aug
    scan results fracture in spine mid back
    sept/12/13-spine healing on its own,weaning off steroids, no visible tumors.
    nov/7/13-edema both legs and one arm on lasix since oct.
    nov/21/13- leg edema subsiding still alot in one arm- she is talking but keeps her eyes closed. achy but no major pain. nurse and aide to visit once a week schedualed. having trouble standing.
    nov/24/13-sadly but peacefully moms cancer journey is at an end, she will start her new spiritual journey together hand in hand with dad.

I am posting to say hi and that I am also sorry that you are having these concerns and to wish you luck with the Oncologist visit. We can all relate to the hell of tests and waiting for results.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

I hope you'll have a really good, informative visit with the oncologist. Waiting for results and appointments is hard!
    Diagnosed with stage 2c papillary serous cystadenoma borderline malignancy of the ovary in 2009. Hysterectomy, omenectomy, appendectomy, debulking. 2010 - laparoscopy showed inoperable recurrence, so started chemo. Frontline chemo - carboplatin and cyclophosphamide, six cycles; Avastin - ten cycles; Weekly Topotecan - 4 cycles. Spring 2012 developed pleural nodules. Topotecan plus Avstin - 1year.

Newbie New User
    Hi, my name is Pat. I was diagnosed with
    Uterine cancer a year ago. It was Stage 1, grade
    One so they decided to just do radiation
    It's been one year of cancer free until
    Yesterday had a CT scan that came back that
    My uterus is slightly enlarged. Have to wait till
    Thursday to see the Oncologist. Waiting is so
    Horrible. Your in my prayers.

Moderator Top User
    Hi Wecer,

Sorry to hear of your suprise diagnosis. Certainly no fun to hear that you have cancer, but keep in mind that endometrial cancer is typically caught early and it is very curable. If you do need a hysterectomy, I highly recommend the minimally invasive davinci hysterectomy. You can go to davincihysterectomy.com to read about it and to find a gyn oncologist in your area who has been trained to do this procedure. If the oncologist that you are going to does not do the davinci, my advice would be to find someone who does and schedule an appointment for a second opinion now. The davinci involves less pain, shorter hospital stay and quicker recovery than traditional surgery. I had one a year ago for endometrial cancer and I had no idea surgery could be so easy and pain free!

Feel free to post on the uterine/endometrial forum and let us know what the oncologist says. You'll get through this. I'm guessing that it will be easier than you think!
    Endometrial adenocarcinoma
    stage 1 (10% penetration of myometrium), grade 2
    daVinci hysterectomy March 2011
    No further treatment. Feeling great!

Regular User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurselea View Post
    Hi, my name is Pat. I was diagnosed with
    Uterine cancer a year ago. It was Stage 1, grade
    One so they decided to just do radiation
    It's been one year of cancer free until
    Yesterday had a CT scan that came back that
    My uterus is slightly enlarged. Have to wait till
    Thursday to see the Oncologist. Waiting is so
    Horrible. Your in my prayers.
    Try not to worry too much. I hope all turns out to be okay. Thinking of you
    Diagnosed May 2010
    Endometrial Adenocarcinoma
    Stage Ib
    Grade 2

Newbie New User
    I'm so glad that you found this forum and have some place to share your concerns. I hope you get good advice and care. Do something nice for yourself!

+ Reply to Thread