A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liver and lung Nodules HELP PLEASE

Newbie New User

Liver and lung Nodules HELP PLEASE

Hi, my husband has been experiencing a right sided stitch pain, right shoulder pain and also abdominal pain ( which only occurs when he needs the toilet or to pass wind, and ceases when he has done so) thought it was a bug and a pulled shoulder muscle so left it for about 2 weeks, symptoms all still the same, so went to the doctors who advised it 'was probably a dodgy kebab, an shoulder was probably nerve damage'.*
    Long story short, his shoulder has been playing up for a while before the other symptoms an had been prescribed codeine phosphate and ibruprofen, which he had been taking for around 3 months.*
    We went home an did a bit of research about pain killer over use, and got some of the above symptoms, so he stopped taking all of the tablets, 3 days later all symptoms still there, couldn't get an appointment at the doctors for another 4 days and the pains were quite bad, so I took him to A+E who ran some blood test straight away, they came back with high levels of something in the liver? So he was admitted, 6 days on and so far he has had an ultrasound scan on the gall bladder and liver, with no conclusive results, more bloods which confirm the liver levels are high/ still the same, an x-ray with no results? An then a CT scan which has revealed some nodules on the liver and lungs, I don't know how many or how big. Since then the doctor has examined his testicles, and said they seem fine but he will run a scan on those too, and run another set of bloods, another scan on the nodules and maybe a biopsy of the nodules. With it being a weekend there is nothing happening now until
    Monday, but no results will be ready Monday, we don't really
    Know anything about any of it, as soon as you google all you see is Cancer, an I know there is a strong possibility but was wondering if anyone had and knowledge or experience of this they would like to share, as at the moment ANY Info would be great, could it be anything other that cancer? My husband is 29, active, other than this healthy, already had appendix removed so that's out the question... Doesn't drink at all and is a smoker of an average of 10-15 a day, works as a gardener and has had 2 stints in hospital for a chest infection/ suspected pneumonia which it wasn't, and once for a kidney infection, both at least 8 years ago now.*
    Thanks.

Experienced User
    You must be terrified. Im sorry, that is a horrible feeling, and having to wait until Monday to hear results is almost as bad! Please keep in mind, I am not a doctor, I just play one in real life lol From what you have described of his test results, it doesn't sound quite normal. In my moms case, she had all the symptoms your are describing for your husband....right shoulder pain, liver blood tests that were not normal. She also had unexplained weight loss and fatigue. She does have liver cancer. That does NOT mean your husband has cancer though. I just wanted to reply to your post and let you know you are not alone, and if it is cancer, this is an excellent place to come for support, reassurance and information. On the positive side, if it is cancer it sounds like your husband is in great health and that will go a long way in helping him fight it. Big bear hugs to you, Shannon in WA state

Experienced User
    Please keep us updated. I hope things turn out better than you expected. HUGS

Hi. I too hope that all will be ok. This time of tests and answers does out heads in.

Consulting DR google about the symptoms of course will only feed your fears as it points to cancer forums. DR google has a lot to answer for. We can also try to make it fit our symptoms into a worse case scenario.

If you google enlarged lymph node you will see how it points to cancer forums when really it turns out to be infection or inflammation, very, very rarely cancer. We get a few a week in the Lymphoma forum who have been scared silly googling.

The same applies for any symptoms, nodes or nodules that could be benign. My thyroid nodule turned out to be benign. Ugggghhhh. Not a fun wait for results.

Here we DO understand just how hard this time is with all the what ifs pounding in our heads. All we can do is wait and try and distract ourselves. NOT an easy thing to do.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Didee; 09-03-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Newbie New User
    Hi guys, thanks for the replies, quick update, this morning doctors
    Decided due to age, they were Thinking testicular cancer, and sent him off
    For an ultrasound scan on the testicles, the man doin the scam said at the end
    It was all clear, no lumps or abnormalities, so we are back to the drawing board, next step is a liver biopsy, when .... I have no idea, it's just another waiting game

Experienced User
    Well, one down. No testicular cancer, thats good! Now the waiting game again. Its torture.

+ Reply to Thread