A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minnelide- Anyone Know anything about it?

Minnelide- Anyone Know anything about it?

Hi,

Hubby wants to know if anyone has any knowledge or experience with this?

Thanks All, Queensville
    July 22 2011 Hubby (64) Diagnosed PanCan. Sept2011- Feb 2012: Abraxane/Gemcitabine. Feb-May 2012:Gemcitabine only. June-Sept 2012 5FU. Sept 4-no more chemo - Just living life. Multiple stents. Jan 2013/18 month mark. Mets everywhere. Looking for a bumper sticker that says 'Stay at safe distance - Driver suffering caregiver burnout'. Hospice Thurs Feb 28 2013. March 12 2013 he went off to his new adventure where we will one day meet again. It was 20 months from date of diagnosis until now.

Experienced User
    Minnelide is based on a Chinese herb. I found this quote online:

"A new drug created at the University of Minnesota may hold the answer to defeating pancreatic cancer, according to results published today in the prestigious journal Science Translational Medicine.

The study is based on successful outcomes in a mouse model - results researchers expect to carry over to human patients when the drug potentially begins human trials in 2013."

I haven't found anything about anyone who as actually tried the herbal version of it directly but it would be interesting if there were.

That's what I was thinking.
    July 22 2011 Hubby (64) Diagnosed PanCan. Sept2011- Feb 2012: Abraxane/Gemcitabine. Feb-May 2012:Gemcitabine only. June-Sept 2012 5FU. Sept 4-no more chemo - Just living life. Multiple stents. Jan 2013/18 month mark. Mets everywhere. Looking for a bumper sticker that says 'Stay at safe distance - Driver suffering caregiver burnout'. Hospice Thurs Feb 28 2013. March 12 2013 he went off to his new adventure where we will one day meet again. It was 20 months from date of diagnosis until now.

Senior User
    Hey I heard of this, had looked it up a couple weeks ago but of coarse no experience with it. Not sure what to think.
    www.CancerKickinGirl.com

Fall 2011 - SO SICK. Should have seen a Dr. for diagnosis!!
    Beg. of 2012 Age 26 - Almost DEAD & diagnosed Stage 4 Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer - Spread to Liver, Lymph nodes, Stomach, Cervix, Abdomen & Bowels... VERY SEVERE CASE of PC
    8/12 - Hospitalized for a week for spleen rupture
    2/13 Chemo stable/ cysts shrunk, no growth - I'll take that
    3/13 Hospitalized for hole in fistula in colon caused by cancer. Got stent and healing!

I've found this:

" The drug is derived from a compound, triptolide, found in plants from China. Triptolide by itself is not an effective treatment due to the fact that it is not water soluable. Researchers at the University of Minnesota made triptolide water soluble and called the drug Minnelide. Hence the drug’s name Minnelide is formed from two words; “Minne” for the University of Minnesota where the drug is being developed and “lide” from the plant derivative called triptolide (University of Minnesota Medical School, 2012
    Source: Link removed per new user policy

I'm sorry for the disappointing news. I was hopeful as well. My aunt was prognosticated with pancreatic cancer a few months ago, and this new drug was the only good news since. Unfortunately I doubt we'll be able to get any in time.
    Last edited by DebbieC; 04-03-2013 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Link removed

Newbie New User
    Ashok Saluja told me that it will take minimum 2 years to start selling it, if it works.
    I know the site to buy Thunder God Vine, is Link removed per new user policy. Please read rules for new members at the top of this forum. with name Radix Tripterygii Wilfordii Tablet, but im not sure if it works.
    Last edited by abi; 04-03-2013 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Link removed

+ Reply to Thread