A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: small pimple like thing on my thigh

Newbie New User

small pimple like thing on my thigh

hey i have a small pimple like thing on my upper left thigh and ive had it for quite a long time. Im really not sure how long because i havent paid attention but i think its been atleast couple of years. i donno how else to describe it except its exactly like a pimple except now its black. I break off dried pus once in a while but it never seems to heal. i can see a little blood in the center when i break it.
    now im a bit worried because i just realized thats exactly where i keep my phone in the pocket. could it be a cancer?
    im a 23 year old male and i havent had any serious facial acne problem for atleast 7-8 years

normad, we can't tell you here if what uyou describe could be a cancer (well, pretty much anything unusual could be but most often isn't). The only advice I can give you is to see a doctor (and, ideally, a dermatologist) if you have concerns. Let the experts handle the diagnostic process. If it turns out to be a cancer (again, highly unlikely) we will be here to support you as we do everyone who has been diagnosed. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Good health,

kermica
    When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
    ~Author Unknown

Age 63
    Follicular lymphoma diagnosed August 08, Stage 1
    2 cycles (20 treatments each) localized radiation to tumor sites
    Remission confirmed July 09

Restaged to Stage 3 May 2010
    Recurrence confirmed May 2010 - Watch and Wait commenced - multiple scans with minimal progression.

Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma diagnosed September 2012. Mohs surgical excision 09/2012. Successful, clean edges all around.

Significant progression detected in PET scan - December 2012

Biopsy to check for transformation 1/18/2013 - negative for that but full of lymphoma, of course.

July 2013 - Rescan due to progression shows one tumor (among many) very suspect for transformation, another biopsy 8/12/13.

August 2013 - No evidence of transformation, 6 courses of B+R commence 8/29 due to "extensive, systemic disease".

February 2013 - Diagnostic PET scan states: Negative PET scan. Previous noted hypermetabolic cervical, axillary, iliac and inguinal lymphadenopathy has resolved. Doctor confirms full remission.

Very grateful and will await the next chapter with confidence...may it never come.

Remember the Rules!

+ Reply to Thread