A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Medical Marijuana and Cancer.

Regular User

Medical Marijuana and Cancer.

Mike again,

I live in Arizona where medical marijuana has been legal for about 6 months now. I have been a part of it from the beginning. I have smoked medical marijuana from day 1.

When I first started smoking the intense strains that the dispensary's had, I got very stoned. To the point I was TOO stoned. But as the months passed, I built up a resistance to the THC and now I can smoke 3 big hits from my bong smoking "White Widow" (a very powerful Sativa strain), and keep it perfectly together. I could probably even drive (a big no-no).

My conclusion is that any variation or strain or delivery method used to get it in your system may hold promise for the relief of many of the symptoms we all may suffer from.

There are two genetic variations that separate strains of marijuana. They are known as Sativa and Indica. Briefly, Indica has less THC (the stuff that gets you "stoned") and more of the CBC's,(non-psychogenic compounds believed to make it more therapeutic). where the Sativa's have a higher THC content (up to 21% and more and gets you very stoned). I smoke Sativa and feel that the "high" intensifies the medicinal effect (your results may vary).

Here is a list of things I believe medical marijuana has helped me through:

Insomnia. Anyone who takes steroids knows how important it is to get a grip on this.

Apatite. Yea, yea...I can hear you all now..."Hey dude...pass the Duritios". But if it wasn't for MM, I would have stayed at a sub-800 calorie diet for who knows how long?

Pain Reduction: Minor pains are gone. More severe pains are lessened.

A feeling of peace and relaxation. There's no way around it. If you put cannabis in your body, your gonna feel it. Your going to get stoned.

A lowering of blood pressure and heart rate. I went to nearly all my chemo treatments stoned as can be. When they took my vitals, my BP and heart rate were down (I am normal, 125/80 most of the time) after smoking or having an edible, it dropped to around 115/70).

There maybe other benefits to others who suffer from different afflictions, I have no way of knowing. But my experiences would seem to say that if all else fails or there are difficult side effects from drugs, you may want to consider marijuana.

I highly recommend it.
    54 yr old white male. DX PCNSL (Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma) tumor localized to the left frontal lobe on May 8, 2012. Took part in a Sloan-Kettering clinical trial that put me in full remission and cleared my tumor, but larger tumor formed in another location in my brain in under 2 months. On to WBRT followed by Gamma Knife to target the tumor.

I wish it was legal in Australia.
    Aussie, age 57
    1987 CIN 111. Cervix lasered, no further problems.

Dx Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma stage 2B bulky, aggressive Dec/09.
    6 chop14 and Neulasta.
    Clean PET April/10, 18 rads 36gy mop up. All done May 2010
    Iffy scan Nov. 2011.
    Scan Feb 2012 .still in remission.
    Still NED Nov 2012. On to yearly bloods now.

May/2012. U/sound, thyroid scan, FNB. Benign adenoma. A lump in otherwords, nodule if you wish to be specific.

CancerForums User Policy

http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...picture-policy

Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Senior User
    Thanks for this post...I believe in it too...we got some for my mom and it did help. She doesn't need it any more now but if in the future...........
    MOM-My best friend. 76 years old, COPD, atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, congestive heart failure, smoker. Hospitalized 4/12 - Sick, fever, terrible coughing, extreme fatigue. X-rays and cat scan showed 2 areas on left lung (ULL and LLL)-diagnosis pneumonia. Hospitalized for 5 days. Was on antibiotics for weeks. Primary care doctor kept watch, sending her every month for x-rays May through August. Mass on ULL gone but LLL still showed shadow. CAT scan with contrast/September. LLL shadow on CAT scan. October/PET scan ordered, LLL mass lit up and lymph node on right side of chest, hilar area. Bronchoscopy/November 2012/preliminary tests shows Adenocarcinoma in lymph nodes, didn't get a good sample from LLL but they think that's where the primary tumor is. We are waiting for her first oncology appointment 12/6/2012. My mom is very depressed. Her oncology appointment cannot get here soon enough.
    FACEBOOK-Vickie Catara

+ Reply to Thread