A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello! Happy Monday!

Senior User

Hello! Happy Monday!

Just saying "Hi!" ....the group on here has really changed since last summer it's like I don't 'know' anyone anymore.

Anyways it's really not a happy monday - I am sitting here getting CHEMO right now until late tonight (from 7am) which sucks and I absolute HATE but I had to check in with my oncologist this morning and she is still amazed and thrilled for how well I'm doing. WOOHOO!!!

My birthday is in a few weeks which I didn't think I'd be celebrating from how bad I was last year...YAY!

Hope everyone is doing well and is kickin pancreatic butt!! xoxo
    www.CancerKickinGirl.com

Fall 2011 - SO SICK. Should have seen a Dr. for diagnosis!!
    Beg. of 2012 Age 26 - Almost DEAD & diagnosed Stage 4 Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer - Spread to Liver, Lymph nodes, Stomach, Cervix, Abdomen & Bowels... VERY SEVERE CASE of PC
    8/12 - Hospitalized for a week for spleen rupture
    2/13 Chemo stable/ cysts shrunk, no growth - I'll take that
    3/13 Hospitalized for hole in fistula in colon caused by cancer. Got stent and healing!

Super Moderator Top User DebbieC's Avatar
    Ashley, I know what you mean. I was saying to someone the other day that there used to just be a few of us regulars who posted all the time. I welcome everyone here with open arms, all you newbies, I just don't know if the amount of people on the board now is a good thing. Not because we don't love you guys...I don't know if that means more pancreatic cancer!

Wish none of us had to be here, but I'm glad that we have this place and I'm glad that you all found us here!

I saw your picture on Facebook! LOL...I would have thought that you were getting radiation the way your "after" picture looked! You were radioactive in that one...ha ha!
    March 21, 2011 - Dad diagnosed. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma on head of pancreas.
    April 2011 - Gemcitabine and radiation for a total of 12 weeks.
    October 14, 2011 - Successful Whipple procedure. Cancer free! Best 5 months of my life!!!
    March 2, 2012 - CT scan and discovery of possible mets to both lungs.
    March 23, 2012 - Biopsy confirmed recurrence.
    May 2, 2012 - Folfiri regimen started. Stopped after 2 treatments due to infection.
    June 2, 2012 - Switched to Xeloda
    Sept. 21, 2012 - No more chemo...treatment not working anymore. Now we wait and pray.
    October 6, 2012 - My dad is now at peace in Heaven, watching over us until we meet again.

♥ Forever in my heart! Miss you every day more than words can say! ♥

Senior User
    WOOHOO!!!!! I finally caught up on your story, and even though I don't know you... I'm so bloody proud of you!!! Kick some ass Ashley!!!! You're a fuckin rockstar!!! xoxoxox

Best,
    Elle

I love looking at your blog in your signature it always brings a smile to me you really know how to LIVE......You keep fighting and we are all in the Ring to kick CANCER'S BUTT..............
    Oct 9,2012 Hubby's ( 65 ) ERCP, Stent put in also told might be cancer
    Oct 23,2012 ( ERCP ) diagnosed. PC on head of pancreas.
    Nov. 5,2012 Whipple at Loma Linda Hosp.... could not be finished due to heart issues
    ( 4 1/2 hours into surgery )told it's also attached to Portal Vein, now only Chemo & Radiation
    11-27-12 Surgery site Infection
    Waiting for Chemo/Radiation
    1-6-13...Still waiting
    1-18-13 appt with Radiologist on 22nd.
    1-30-13 Hubby started on his radiation and Pill Chemo ( Xeloda 3200 mg per day ) for six weeks
    3-12-13 ( Bowel blockage) in Hospital Fluid being drained
    3-21-13 Last day of Chemo/radiation...Now on a much needed break
    4-18-13 New Stent put in metal with mesh
    4-19-13 2nd round of ( Xeloda ) 2 weeks on 1 week off till ? 4000 mg per day for 6 months ( changed to 3000 )
    6-12-13 Large Hernia at surgery site/won't be repaired due to his heart condition also losing toenails ( Xeloda )
    8-9-13 Taken off all Chemo just Living Life now and Keeping him Pain Free "In God's Hands"
    REMISSION NOW PRAYING IT WILL LAST 1-10-14

Senior User
    Hi Debbie - Yeah it just seems like before there were regulars and not as many and you could keep up and now I can't remember who has what or whats going on and some people post one intro and that's it. I don't find it a good thing because of those reasons and like you said, seems like possibly more being diagnosed.

HAHAHA!! You saw the pic! I had to make a laugh about it! soooo funny!!!!
    www.CancerKickinGirl.com

Beg. of 2012 Age 26 - Almost DEAD & diagnosed Stage 4 Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer - Spread to Liver, Lymph nodes, Stomach, Cervix, Abdomen & Bowels... VERY SEVERE CASE of PC
    3/13 Hospitalized for hole in fistula in colon caused by cancer. Got stent and healing!

Experienced User
    AshleyMarie, you are a true pancreatic cancer warrior. Keep up the good fight for everyone and of course, yourself. I am very happy that you are kicking some PC butt.

Senior User
    I have been wondering same thing if the amount of people on the forum now means more PC or is it just we have a fab forum? I looked at posts, of other boards, cervical, brain, etc... Not nearly as any posts as us, how can they justify underfunding this cancer. I'm going to write a VERY long letter to my department of health.
    May 2012 - dad jaundice and weight loss, ultrasound sees lesion on pancreas
    Summer 2012 - all tests possible, biopsies inconclusive
    Nov 2012 - sees oncologist, put on gemcetabine - doesn't work
    Dec 2012 - discharged under hospice care... Frail but ok...
    December 2012 - Ascites
    February 2013 - Now very weak.....
    23rd February 2013 - Dad passes away, no more pain.....

Senior User
    ElleM - haha! You are awesome!! Thank you soooo so much!!!! xoxox

Carol - thank you! Thats what its all about and I like to live life Cancer can kiss it! xoxo

daughter12 - Thank you, I do truly appreciate that! I sure will keep it up

Susy100 - yea! I have looked before at others and they are pretty quiet and such and it seems pancreatic had a lot of talk and affects great people with big voices so we should be able to be heard and get the funding required! Yes! Write that letter! I need to do some more writing this weekend when I am good again, we deserve to be heard
    www.CancerKickinGirl.com

"Susy100 - yea! I have looked before at others and they are pretty quiet and such and it seems pancreatic had a lot of talk and affects great people with big voices so we should be able to be heard and get the funding required! Yes! Write that letter! I need to do some more writing this weekend when I am good again, we deserve to be heard "

Oct 9,2012 Hubby's ( 65 ) ERCP, Stent put in also told might be cancer
    Oct 23,2012 ( ERCP ) diagnosed. PC on head of pancreas.
    Nov. 5,2012 Whipple at Loma Linda Hosp.... could not be finished due to heart issues
    ( 4 1/2 hours into surgery )told it's also attached to Portal Vein, now only Chemo & Radiation
    11-27-12 Surgery site Infection
    Waiting for Chemo/Radiation
    1-6-13...Still waiting
    1-18-13 appt with Radiologist on 22nd.
    1-30-13 Hubby started on his radiation and Pill Chemo ( Xeloda 3200 mg per day ) for six weeks
    3-12-13 ( Bowel blockage) in Hospital Fluid being drained
    3-21-13 Last day of Chemo/radiation...Now on a much needed break
    4-18-13 New Stent put in metal with mesh
    4-19-13 2nd round of ( Xeloda ) 2 weeks on 1 week off till ? 4000 mg per day for 6 months ( changed to 3000 )
    6-12-13 Large Hernia at surgery site/won't be repaired due to his heart condition also losing toenails ( Xeloda )
    8-9-13 Taken off all Chemo just Living Life now and Keeping him Pain Free "In God's Hands"
    REMISSION NOW PRAYING IT WILL LAST 1-10-14

Senior User
    Yes I will, i don't know what's its like in USA but in UK pancreatic cancer=book your funeral. Disgusting... It's the NHS constrictions, they are unwilling to fund cases and waste their time... I won't say anymore...I feel my blood boiling....
    May 2012 - dad jaundice and weight loss, ultrasound sees lesion on pancreas
    Summer 2012 - all tests possible, biopsies inconclusive
    Nov 2012 - sees oncologist, put on gemcetabine - doesn't work
    Dec 2012 - discharged under hospice care... Frail but ok...
    December 2012 - Ascites
    February 2013 - Now very weak.....
    23rd February 2013 - Dad passes away, no more pain.....

Super Moderator Top User DebbieC's Avatar
    In the US, things are definitely improving, albeit slowly....and about 40 years too late. But, it is slowly gaining momentum and the louder we are, and the more there are of us, maybe things will continue on the upswing. I keep saying it over and over...if all goes well, I have a good 40 years left of my life (knock on wood, salt over the shoulder, fingers, toes, and eyes crossed....). I hope that I see some major advances...even better, the cure!....in my lifetime. I will consider that vindication for all that we have lost.
    March 21, 2011 - Dad diagnosed. Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma on head of pancreas.
    April 2011 - Gemcitabine and radiation for a total of 12 weeks.
    October 14, 2011 - Successful Whipple procedure. Cancer free! Best 5 months of my life!!!
    March 2, 2012 - CT scan and discovery of possible mets to both lungs.
    March 23, 2012 - Biopsy confirmed recurrence.
    May 2, 2012 - Folfiri regimen started. Stopped after 2 treatments due to infection.
    June 2, 2012 - Switched to Xeloda
    Sept. 21, 2012 - No more chemo...treatment not working anymore. Now we wait and pray.
    October 6, 2012 - My dad is now at peace in Heaven, watching over us until we meet again.

♥ Forever in my heart! Miss you every day more than words can say! ♥

My mom told me today that she saw a commercial about pancreatic cancer on t.v. I hope that means more visibility and not more people suffering. As for the forum, I like to think it is busy here because we are awesome and people love what a supportive group we have...sadly, I am afraid that more people are diagnosed and looking for support and we are about as welcoming as you could ever find.

Ashley~ I love reading your blog, I comment to you there, more than here as I seem to always want to respond to your posts.

Hope everyone is having a good week. I went to my mom's house today to help her get cleaned up and stuff and she was up and sitting in a chair...What a sight for sore eyes that was. She is so fatigued from the last 8 months of chemo it is not even funny. We are taking a break for a month or so as we are going on a family vacation at the end of the month. I am so excited to go somewhere warm and be with my sister's family and my parents...but I am not going to lie, taking a break is scaring the crud out of me. That being said, she really needs a break.

On a side note, did anyone besides me cry crocodile tears reading Teacher's sister's post? It just breaks my heart and I hope she feels the collective love from her forum family!

Hugs!
    Shannon

Senior User
    Hey all

Sorry! I was out from the meds for a bit during chemo (on Monday) then as always so not interested with being online besides updating my blog during the rest of chemo and then yesterday I was just out of it - yuck. Trying to be somewhat alive today!

Soshayna - yes I know you respond there much more than here and thats perfectly fine! I am just happy you comment at all! It's so funny how few comments I get but how many tons of emails I get daily. I am always thinking of you and your mother though (my michigan friends). Sorry to hear about your mother Shannon... chemo is very difficult I know and even harder on an older body that can't rebound as easy. Where are you going on vacation? I am so excited to leave soon too for somewhere warm and yes, there has been a lot of heartbreak it seems lately in the pancreatic cancer world... its hard..... def brings my hopes down in the fight
    www.CancerKickinGirl.com

Ashley, we have rented a huge house in Marathon Keys Florida so all ten of us can hang out and relax. It has an indoor heated pool so the kiddie's will be entertained and maybe even mom will want to go in. We are all in need of time to laugh and take a break from all things medical and I pray our vacation goes off without a hitch. I am glad you too are going to go somewhere warm...it is so needed when you are depleted and in a cold part of the country. Mom had her Dr. visit today and her blood work looks good...now we just need to get her strength back up. Sending you love and Hugs!!

Kick the pancreatic butt Ashley.
    July 22 2011 Hubby (64) Diagnosed PanCan. Sept2011- Feb 2012: Abraxane/Gemcitabine. Feb-May 2012:Gemcitabine only. June-Sept 2012 5FU. Sept 4-no more chemo - Just living life. Multiple stents. Jan 2013/18 month mark. Mets everywhere. Looking for a bumper sticker that says 'Stay at safe distance - Driver suffering caregiver burnout'. Hospice Thurs Feb 28 2013. March 12 2013 he went off to his new adventure where we will one day meet again. It was 20 months from date of diagnosis until now.

Senior User
    Yes I hope you have the best of time!! We are heading to Florida as well! We are going from Tampa to Miami and I am just looking forward to some relaxing time in the sun! Yes I agree with you in just a need of a good time, laughs, sunshine and no mention of pancreatic cancer. We planned on going to Aspen first to go snowboarding but we have had enough cold and are doing that in WV at the end of the month, not to mention my husbands work is so busy he can't take off too much time. Great to hear about your mothers blood work!!!! Very happy and I hope the strength comes! I bet FL will help in her strength Good dose of vitamin D. xoxox

Thank you Queensville!!! Kickin the PC out!!
    www.CancerKickinGirl.com

+ Reply to Thread