A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 37 yr old with 3.8cm Mass a non smoker

Regular User

37 yr old with 3.8cm Mass a non smoker

My story so far, i went for a cough checkup and had a xray because of a muscle pain and found out that i have shadow in my upper left lung and doctor asked me to do a CT ASAP, same day i went for CT and found to be a 3.8 CM Mass in my upper lung lobe which is percutaneously accessible, i.e they can access the mass from outside.

I am schedule to for this morning to go for a lung needle CT guided biopsy. I will update this thread, this is one of the best thread where you actually find good supportive people.

Welcome to the forum...and good luck! I hope for good results (no cancer!) for you. Please keep us updated.
    Boyfriend, 25, dx'ed Stage IV NSCLC 6/29/11. Malignant pleural effusion, liver/spine/lymph mets. Adenocarcinoma w/unknown primary! So confusing.

Jul '11: 2 cycles Carboplatin/Alimta (failed)
    Oct '11: Docetaxol/ramucirumab/Xgeva/Neulasta
    Dec '12: Liver met growth
    Jan '13: 10+ brain mets, 2 wks of WBR
    Mar '13: CDK 4/6 inhibitor trial (failed)
    May '13: Tested ROS1+
    June '13: Xalkori clinical trial for ROS1+
    Aug '13: Liver mets gone, lung spots gone. Doing great so far!
    Mar '14: Leptomeningeal progression. Ommaya reservoir put in for intrathecal methotrexate.
    May '14: Tolerating chemo, hoping for good news...

Blog: http://ros1positive.wordpress.com/

Regular User
    Thanks Emily, my biopsy was done yesterday and came back home last night, i asked the nurse to show me how the sample looks like and it looked like little black thread, does the color mean its a cancer?

Senior User
    AhmedBOB,
    I did not have a needle biopsy. My mass was about 3.5 in the right lower lobe, and I went to the ER because of muscle spasms . That was how they spotted the mass. You should know the results very soon, and i hope it's not cancer. Let us know.
    Shannon
    DX Oct 2012 right lower lobe
    Surgery Nov 2012 Stage 1B N0 M0 Squamous
    Adjuvant chemo starts 1-3-2013 4 rounds Cisplatin and Taxotere + Neulasta

Regular User
    Thanks Shannon-- Will update you all in couple of days. Also i heard Indianapolis has one of the best lung cancer hospital?

Super Moderator Top User
    Just checking in to see if you've gotten results yet?

Irish
    Irish,
    Caregiver to my Dad, who was diagnosed in June 2010 with Stage 1V NSCLC with single met to brain,
    He sadly lost his battle in August 2010 and we miss his smiling Irish blue eyes terribly.
    My Dad's story:
    http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...th-how-he-died.

Regular User
    thanks for asking Irish, not yet, i am waiting......but i am ready to accept the Will of God, and put my trust in God that he will be all sufficient for me. As soon as i said this to myself, i felt peace and have been sleeping good.

Bottom line: I have faith in God that i will have nothing to worry, I will honestly pray to God to help me and accept his will and put my trust in him.

---Ahmed

Ahmed,

It took 3 business days for me to get the results of my biopsy. Had the test on Monday, results on Thursday.

Praying that your ok.
    mike
    At the time - 46 yo male, non-smoker
    Sept 2012 - DX - One tumor NSCLC Squamous Cell Right Upper Lung
    Oct 2012 - TX - Treatment similar to Pancoast Tumor - Pre-operation radiation and chemo (5.5 weeks of IGRT and 3 cycles of Cisplatin and Etoposide)
    Dec 2012 - Surgery - Remove RUL, Surgical Pathology Report Adenocarcinoma T2N0M0
    Now - Wait, watch, & pray

Regular User
    I am hoping they would call me today, thanks Mike for your prayers.

Super Moderator Top User
    Hi Ahmed,

I'm glad you are at peace with this, that's 3/4's of the battle. Praying for a good outcome for you. God Bless.

Irish
    Irish,
    Caregiver to my Dad, who was diagnosed in June 2010 with Stage 1V NSCLC with single met to brain,
    He sadly lost his battle in August 2010 and we miss his smiling Irish blue eyes terribly.
    My Dad's story:
    http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...th-how-he-died.

Regular User
    ok, respected folks, they diagnosed me with Adenocarcinoma....by gods will and i have faith in God that he will find me a cure / long term healthy life. I am also praying this for all those friends out their with cancer.

I have been schedule with a PET sometime next week and by the way the doctor was surprised by two things, he said at my age with nonsmoking is it very rare to get this cancer and was amazed that i was not upset/afraid

take care all

Ahmed,

Sorry about your news. Hopefully the PET will show that your cancer is contained so they can remove it via surgery. I actually had my PET before the biopsy.

mike
    Oct 2012 - TX - Treatment similar to Pancoast Tumor - Pre-operation radiation and chemo (5.5 weeks of IGRT and 3 cycles of Cisplatin and Etoposide)
    Dec 2012 - Surgery - Remove RUL, Surgical Pathology Report Adenocarcinoma T2N0M0

Sorry to hear about your results, but hopefully they will be able to do surgery and remove what is there? Hoping the PET scan shows clear everywhere else, good luck!
    Mom's story: http://www.cancerforums.net/threads/...th-no-symptoms. 10/30/12 first alert lung cancer. 11/13/12 barochoscope done - lymph nodes tested positive, port put in. 11/16/12 diagnosed SCLC. First Chemo 11/26 -11/28/12. Notified that she has brain Mets. First radiation 12/03/12 - last 12/14/12. On 4/1/13, tumor has shrank from 9 cm to 4.1. Brain mets are microscopic. 12 weeks off (had 6 rounds of chemo)

Regular User
    Thanks mike how long do you think it took my mass to be a size of 3.8, I have two X-rays done in July and October of 2011 and they did not show anything and now in feb 25th it showed 3.8cm. Is this a faster growing cancer.

Ahmed,

I don't know about how fast it grows. Did they tell you what the cancer's differentiation was? You might get a clue how agressive it is from that.

mike

Regular User
    What test do they need to do in order to get the differentiation?

Biopsy. Thats why I asked "did they tell you..."

mike

Newbie New User
    Ahmed,

I'm curious to what type of muscle pain that you were having?

Regular User
    it was rhombiod muscle which was causing mild pain but was not going away from past 3 months. Cough started 2 months ago. So i think either the two were linked or two different things happened at the same time. Hope that helps.

Newbie New User
    Thanks for the information. Reason I asked is that I have been having muscle pain in the same area for a while now along with cough that has been going on for a month, short of breath, some chest discomfort (ruled out heart disease), and pretty decent fatigue. Hope all goes well with you!

+ Reply to Thread