A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long from time lymph node gets large?

How long from time lymph node gets large?

Ok, I just have a real quick question. If you notice a lymph note that might be slightly larger, how long does it take to start noticing other symthoms? I mean how fast does Lymphoma progress? Can it linger for months, years, etc before affecting ones helth or becoming noticeable, or is this a rapid disease?

Brian

Regular User

Re: How long from time lymph node gets large?

Quote Originally Posted by brian871
    Ok, I just have a real quick question. If you notice a lymph note that might be slightly larger, how long does it take to start noticing other symthoms? I mean how fast does Lymphoma progress? Can it linger for months, years, etc before affecting ones helth or becoming noticeable, or is this a rapid disease?

Brian
    it depends how aggressive the disease is. A biopsy will tell that. There 40 different kinds of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and I have no idea about Hodgkins disease. It all depends how aggressive it is and only a biopsy will tell you those answers.

Experienced User
    I agree with Debbiefix. Each patient is different, and there are many types of NHD Lymphoma that can hit you with different severities, and at least some of the symptoms will vary as will a persons response to treatment.

And there are both aggressive and non-aggressive types. My doctor thinks that I possibly have both types in different parts of my body. My bioposy indicated non-aggressive treatment but I didn't react in a satisfactory manner until they started treating me as if I had an aggressive type. Think it'd s a wierd type of art/science thingie.

Every time I start to think I'm getting a handle on what happening to my body my lymphoma laughs in my face and does something else that (in my opinion) defies common sense.
    Burt

Lymphnodes can take up to 6 weeks to go back to normal size after an infection.

The nature of lymphoma is that it is different with each person. My experience is with Hodgkins so I can't speak for Non-Hodgkins suffers.

+ Reply to Thread