A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lumps in both my left and right armpit.....

Lumps in both my left and right armpit.....

Hi,

22 Male here.

Last week my left armpit became very sore almost like I had pulled muscle. Then two days later I was feeling around and found two very small swolen lympth nodes. Small like the size of a pea or M and M.

As of today, I can only find one very small lympth node in my left armpit but now another small lympth node is forming under my right armpit and came about in the same way as my left. Started out feeling like I had pulled a muscle and then appeared a day later.

Both are still tender to the touch, not so much in my left side (the first side I got it as the right) and are no bigger than the size of a M and M. No other symptoms. Not any more tired than I always am, no fever, no chills, no fatigue, no weight loss, no loss of apetite etc...

Also, I dont know if this is related, but when I was about 12 I had a swolen lymph node on my neck that turned out to be nothing and have not had any problems with it since.

What could this be from? I am starting to get a little concerned only that it has gone to my right armpit now. Should I give it a week or two to see if they go down since it does appear the one in my left arm is getting smaller and only one is present now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Regular User
    The fact that you have no symptoms is probably good, but you should go to the doctor just to get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. If the lymph nodes themselves are sore, then that is a good sign. If you are worried, just go and see what the doc says. If he says everything looks good, just watch them and see if anything develops. No night sweats either? That is another symptom. Do you work out? Sometimes my husband is very sore the next day because he pulled a muscle the day before but didnt realize it. Also if you have a cut, scratch, or even a big zit on your arm, that could be the cause of your swollen lymph nodes. Let us know what you end up finding out. Good luck. -Chelsea

Thanks

Yeah no other symptoms. No night sweats, no fever, nothing really out of the ordinary.

I do not know if this changes anything, but my left arm, the armpit in which I found the first one, is no longer sore to the touch but seems to be going down a little bit.

My right armpit, the one that came up a few days ago is still sore to the touch.

I plan on going to the doctor soon, wanted to wait a week or two to see if they go down on there own since I read somewhere that they usually go down on there own in about a month.

Mine are relatively small, size of a pea or M and M....Do you know how big they usually are to be linked with Lymphoma? Also, do they symptoms usually go with the enlarged lymphnodes right away or can they come up a week or two later?

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks again

sorry one more thing...could something like this develop from a new deodorant? I started using a new deodorant a month ago and read somewhere that could be the cause. Also when i looked last night before I showered it looked like there was dry skin under my armpit, could that be a cause to this?

Regular User
    Its all variable as symptoms go, it seems like everyones case is different. The size of the lymph nodes is the same way, it varies. About the deoderant, I have had that happen to me before. I was using one kind and my pectoral muscle got horribly sore, so I switched and it went away in about two days. That could be it. -Chelsea

Thanks

Thanks again!

I hope its nothing and so far my symptoms show it to be nothing....the size of the lump is small, it came up rather quickly and painful...the only thing that scares me is that I found it in my other armpit only a few days later.

So far no changes in the size, I will keep you posted. Thanks for your help!

+ Reply to Thread