A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biopsy Pain

New User

Biopsy Pain

Hi, I had a mole above my right breast removed for biopsy, it came back with questionable cells. They went back and removed more under the cells. I have about a one inch scar from it. It's been well over 2 years since all of this but the scar is very very sensitive still. It also makes the right side of my chest hurt to touch. Is this a normal side effect? And also, does this mean I have an increased risk for breast or other cancer in this area?

Thank you,
    Tricia

Top User
    Tricia

An excisional skin biopsy such as the one you had can develop pain for prolonged periods of time. This is uncommon, most people that have a biopsy do well. What you are having is not a normal thing, you are the exception to the rule. You can seek professional help with doctors that treat pain, especially chronic pain.

If what you had was only a mole and the cells were only suspicious, you should be looking for other areas on your skin, since this may happen again. As far as breast cancer it does not increase your chances.

regards,
    Leo
    Leonardo F - Webmaster Cancer Forums
    Disclaimer: this information is for informational purposes only. It is not medical advice.

+ Reply to Thread