A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lump Below Collar bone, above breast - need advice

Lump Below Collar bone, above breast - need advice

Hi everyone,

I tried to write a post before but it didn't seem to work. 6 months ago I found a horizontal lump, (5 cms long now) below my collarbone and just above my left breast. I believe it has grown in size and it has just started to become visible. It is hard and unmoveable and is not painful. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar lump before? And perhaps might now what it might be? It almost feels like a protruding rib. I have finally mustered up the courage to go and see the doctor.

Any advice/comments would be deeply appreciated
    Last edited by mill; 09-03-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Newbie New User
    good that you are consulting doctor. It may be fatty tissue but then it may not be.Let the doctors decide.Cancer in its initial stage is curable & easy to handle.But later stage,the medications are very heavy.So better earlier than later.

Thanks so much for your reply. Even if I'll feel silly going to the doctor, I suppose you're right, it's better to be safe then sorry

I've had to cancel my appointment as I'm too busy on that day. I might go see the doctor in the next week or so as I don't think this lump is too serious to go see a doctor straight away. I think it might just be that my rib has protruded. My left leg has been really hurting lately so I might go see someone about that.
    Last edited by mill; 09-03-2013 at 01:33 AM.

Ok, finally went to the doctor today I didn't get a chance to tell him about the lump on my chest though :/ I had a few other more pressing issues. My left leg has been really hurting/aching for the last year, especially after I exercise or have a big day on my feet. As soon as I told him my symptoms he send me to get an x-ray. I'll be going back for an appointment about the x-rays as soon as I call and book one. Here's crossing my fingers it's nothing!

I almost can't believe that, 1( you cancelled the first appointment coz you were too busy and 2), when you finally went to the doctor, you never told him/her about the lump because "you had other pressing issues". Are you worried? afraid?
    Cancer by simple definition is abnormal/immature rapidly growing cells. Every day count towards prognosis. Call now and go NOW!

+ Reply to Thread