A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I think I may have cancer

I think I may have cancer

I'm not 100% positive, but I think I have cancer. I tried looking for it on the web and can't find nothing about it. Heres my problem..A little while ago I got this lump on the lower part of my back, basically right at the top of my buttcrack. I figured it must of been like a pimple or something, so I let it go. Well..it really never disappear and got huge. It's probably the size of a half dollar now and I think it might cancer but not sure. The reason im not sure about it being cancer is, I already popped it once and blood and puss comes out, but it came back a couple weeks later. Does anybody have any clue what it might be? Please any help is much appreciated!

Experienced User
    Hey Justin- Try not jump to conclusions too quickly. SOunds like it may well be an abscess (sp?) which is not a cancerous condition. It is an infection under the skin. Sometimes popping it is not enough, a doctor needs to scrape it out to be sure all the infection is gone, and then this is followed by a round of antibiotics. Of course, I am not a doctor, I just wanted to point out one feasible explanation for what may be going on and to point out there are possibilities that are NOT cancer!!! The only way to know for sure what is going on is to have a doctor examine you. Put your mind at rest and have it checked out, 'k?
    Bethany
    breast cancer dx 4/17/00
    4 AC, 28 rads, tamoxifen
    7 years NED, and counting!
    BRCA2+ 2/1/07

Lost Dad to Lung Cancer June '05

Thanks for the post. I actully went to my aunt who is a physcian assistant and she told me it was a cyst or something like that. She told me i needed to go to the hospital get it removed. She said its full of blood and puss. She also told me that it was full of teeth and hair, but i think shes bullshiting me. But thanks for the reply.

Experienced User
    Hey Justin!! Glad you have some answers!! And nope, your aunt isn't just pulling your leg. There's a type of cyst called a dermoid cyst. It can have hair, teeth, and bones!!! Kinda freaky, huh? If you do a google search you'll find many links explaining this type of cyst. The good news is that once you ahve it surgically removed, it's gone for good!! Good luck to you, and thanks for letting me know the outcome!!
    Bethany
    breast cancer dx 4/17/00
    4 AC, 28 rads, tamoxifen
    7 years NED, and counting!
    BRCA2+ 2/1/07

Lost Dad to Lung Cancer June '05

+ Reply to Thread