A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enlarged lymph node in armpit...

Banned New User

Enlarged lymph node in armpit...

I have had a "lump" in my left armpit for about three months now. I'm assuming that it is a lymph node. There is no pain related to it, except that when I shave my armpit it tends to get in the way and I cut myself a bit to often. It isn't getting larger, it's not hard. It's almost like having a rubberband attached to a small ball in there (it's about the size of a grape). Since I have had this lump, I have also had an absessed tooth, for which I took antibiotics for, and I have gotten my daughters thrush in my breasts, because I am breastfeeding - we are giving it back and forth to eachother and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have been really tired, but that can all be atributed to having kids. I am a little worried about it, just because it has been around for so long. Should I be worried? Are there other symtoms that I should be worried about - or am I over-reacting?

Lymph node swollen-reply

You probably need not be worried. But, you should see a doctor. Most often the lymph nodes do get swollen (I had one go to the size of an egg in a couple days). It can usualy be cured with an antibiotic. If it is not cured with an antibiotic ( dr. may try a couple different antibiotics) then a biopsy of the lymph node is in order to check for cancer.

+ Reply to Thread