A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My sister's ovarian/peritoneal cancer and her large bowel

Regular User

My sister's ovarian/peritoneal cancer and her large bowel

obstruction.

Hi everyone,

I am new here, so please be patient with me. I am sure I am not the first to come here desperately looking for answers. And unfortunately, I am sure I won't be the last.

My sister, Yvonne, was diagnossed with ovarian/peritoneal cancer in the Spring of 2004. She has gone through at least one surgery and several rounds of chemo.

Just this week, she went back into the hospital with abdominal pain. The X-ray shows her tumor, located in the lower pelvic regional, is causing her colon to be blocked off.

Is there any treatment for an obstructed bowel?

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Chills

Regular User
    Hi everyone, just wanted to zip in again here once more.

My sister was able to make it to her son's wedding and reception yesterday. That, I will be eternally happy for. She actually got on the dance floor a few times, even did the Electric Slide. I brought the DVD Handycam again.

She is staying at our dad's and step-mom's place. So is her 14 yr. old son.

The home health nurse stopped by earlier tonight to hook her up for TPN. It is some sort of liquid nutrition that goes right into her "hone" or central line (??). It is supposed to drip into her over the course of 12 hours.

I feel, though, it is only prolonging the inevitable. Her belly is distended, her ankles are swollen, and she has taken on that color my mom calls dusty or dusky. Almost makes her look like she has a tan when she was on the white hospital sheets last week.

Remember the movie Schindler's List or any documentary about the Holocaust? She looks like an Auschwitz survivor: a walking skeleton.

Pardon my random ramblings here, but at times like this, I am for euthanasia, but still against abortion. I also have my doubts about chemotherapy. It MAY be true that it kept the cancer from getting so big so quickly or that it MAY have kept the cancer from spreading to other major organs, but the unintended consequences is a sort of internal Darwinism. Chemo MAY have weeded out the lesser cancer cells, but what is left are the stronger more virulent uber cancer cells. These are the ones pinching off her colon.

I can only assume that by the few views that this thread has received and the zero replies it has gotten (well, besides my own) that:

1. This site doesn't receive too much internet traffic.

2. You all know what is coming next and cannot add anything positive to the discusion.

I suppose I am better off not torturing myself with the gruesome nitty gritty details of a death from a perforated colon.

Chills

New User

Blockages of colon

Hi, please don't be so down. I had a colostomy to deal with blockages then suffered from them again on a regular basis last year. I drank soup and tangerine juice then had my stomach pumped when needed to reduce the pressure. My weight dropped from 145lbs to 83lbs. I was in a hospice and hospital for seven months. But here I am now driving, looking after my three children and enjoying life. My feeding was stopped twice to let me die with dignity!! Look my up my name on the search engine. Marion Motupalli. Things may get better, pray and consider vit c by intravenous infusion and Dr Raths formula and salvestrol with VSP. It worked for me. My prayers and thoughts are with you. MarianUK
    Mother of four wonderful children

Regular User
    Yeah, Marian I looked up your name via google. There are a few articles there.

I guess you are recommending Vitamin C to be taken intravenously.

I didn't know that was possible.

My sister is taking TPN (liquid nutrition) pumped into her over the course of 12 hours at night.

I don't know if dumping more fluids IV'ly would blow out her kidneys.

Thanks for replying Marian.

New User

IV vitamin C

Hi I am only saying what worked for me. Obviously, everyone is different. I was told that there was no hope of chemo and other treatments working and as I have four children I had to try anything. If someone told me to stand on my head I would have.

The IV vitamin C should be started at a very small dose and built up slowly. Look at "Vitamin C Foundation" they have all the information you need about vitamin c and cancer. Vitamin C will not have much effect if taken only orally when someone is extremely ill. It can be poorly absorbed.

Look at Salvestrol and Dr Raths's formulas. Maybe worth a try. Thinking of you and your family. MarianUK

New User

Kansas University and vitamin C trials

Kansas University are using vitamin C intravenously with chemo for ovarian cancer. This is just at trial stage. I did not have the time to wait for the results of the trial and instead looked up all the information on vit c and cancer and studied their protocol and decided that I had nothing to lose. It worked for me. I used the vit c IV without chemo as the chemo just was not working form me.

Regarding the kidneys. blood tests must be done to check the health of the kidneys and liver etc and the dose adjusted accordingly. Start slowly and build up testing the blood all the time for vit c levels and for the body's response.

Kansas University sent me their protocol and I followed it to the letter.
    Marian.

Regular User
    mmm...interesting marian...interesting...I hope it is not too late for my sis.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread