A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spots in the brain

Spots in the brain

My dad has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma and has 'spots' in his head. I read someone's reply saying patients don't last long if it is in the brain. What sort of time are we looking at please?

Senior User
    meganthebichon,
    Multiple myeloma usually doesn't go to the brain, but does go to the skull. How did they diagnose these lesions? Ask your doctors exactly what they meant to clarify this issue. Otherwise it's hard to answer the question.
    RLee, MD

Any information provided is NOT intended to provide specific medical advice to users but rather to provide users with information to help them better understand their health condition and related care. All readers are strongly encouraged to consult with a qualified physician for answers to their personal medical questions.

Spots in the brain

Hi thanks for your reply. My dad has what the doctor describes as lesions in his head. He hasn't been any more specific but is undergoing weekly chemo for 6 months which seems a hell of a lot of chemo.

Senior User
    6 months of chemo for MM is not unusual. I'd tried to get more details of what was actually seen. Good luck.
    RLee, MD

Any information provided is NOT intended to provide specific medical advice to users but rather to provide users with information to help them better understand their health condition and related care. All readers are strongly encouraged to consult with a qualified physician for answers to their personal medical questions.

+ Reply to Thread