A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Father passed away on Christmas

Regular User

Father passed away on Christmas

Hello everyone I posted here many times before, but disappeared for a while. My father was diagnosed with NSCLC Adenocarcinoma with diffuse mets to his spine, pelvis, and ribcage on Oct 1st 2007. He passed away on December 25th at 1:15 am at the age of 50, far too young. What was sad was that my dad had a very sane mind, the common saying is that the body cannot live without the mind, I guess to same goes for the other way around. I watched my dad suffer way too much the past few months, it was a struggle just to breathe, it was a struggle just to eat. At the end his face turned into a face I would have difficulty being able to recognize because the cancer sucked every bit of life out of him. So very sad to see him go, but we all must live on. I just hope that I don't get haunted by these memories everytime Christmas rolls around. I want to give a special shout out to Muttsmom, Brainman, and Max, who in the past tried helping by answering any questions that I had.

R.I.P. Hyun Sik Kim

Love,

Eddie

Senior User
    Eddie,
    So very sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I can so relate with your description of how he declined...and how quickly it happened. My mother was barely recognizable when NSCLC took her away from me on 12/14/07. I can't say that things will get easier for you...I can say that allowing yourself to grieve out loud will put a temporary bandaid on your emotions--maybe for a day or so...but it's all much too new and raw for myself to be able to give any good advice to you. Just know that we're here for you, and of course we can empathize...
    ...keeping the faith in n.c.
    Helen, my wonderful mom, diagnosed May, 07
    fought-stage 4 NSCLC, (adenocarcinoma)
    earned her place in Heaven, Dec. 14th, 07

Administrator Top User brainman's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hi Eddie, I am so very sorry about your father's death. Yes, he was far too young to die. You will always remember him and his death on Christmas day. Next Christmas will be the worst one. But eventually you will find a way to celebrate his positive influence on you and your family. My family gathered at my house for a few days after Christmas and we went to the cemetery and said a thanksgiving prayer for our parents. But mostly, we just had fun being together. You will find a way.

You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Jim
    Long-term cancer survivor
    1992 Astrocytoma grade 2, left motor strip
    2005 Recurrence this time said to be an Oligodendroglioma grade 3, same location.
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2405
    My Story Part 1: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=2528
    My Story Part 2: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=7350
    My Story Part 3: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8029

Eddie,

My sincere condolences on the passing of your Father. May you and your family find peace together through this difficult time.

PBJ
    Husband diagnosed with NSCLC Stage IV in 3/2005. Fought & lived over 2 1/2 years with multiple lines of treatment.

Post describing our journey: http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.ph...er=asc&start=0

Left my embrace to live with our Heavenly Father in October of 2007 and now breathes with ease forever. I will miss this gentle, giving soul with the easy smile for the rest of my days, but have faith we will be together again. He's just getting a little break from me!

Regular User
    so sorry to hear about that. my mom just recently passed away as well.
    it may haunt you who knows? when christmas rolls around think about how happy he is in heaven, about all the beautiful christmas's you shared before and mabye it will be a little bit easier

Regular User

re: father passed away on Christmas

Eddie,

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I know it is hard I lost my dad on December 17, 2007 and it has been a rough couple of weeks. Please know that if you ever need to "talk" we are all hear for you. I cannot say that it will get easier, but knowing that the suffering is no longer there is a blessing, always remember the great memories, I know that this is what is getting through the most difficult time in my life...

I am truly saddened for your loss!!!!

Melanie
    Mel

So sad to hear....

Eddie,

Sorry to hear about your dad. My mom died on December 19,2006 and was buried on the day before christmas eve. It does take a big part of every christmas away just remembering the saddest time of your life. This site is excellent because we all feel the same loss and can lean on each other when we start to feel like we are alone with bad memories, whom better to lean on then others whom understand your pain.....stay strong.
    myangelsinheaven

+ Reply to Thread