A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: feel lightheaded alot of the time along with neck pain

feel lightheaded alot of the time along with neck pain

Hi,

I just wanted to post this to get some possible advice or thoughts. Over the past few months I've started experiencing a feeling of lightheadedness - not to the point of feeling like I'm going to pass out, and not associated with any nausea or vomiting, but just annoying - a sort of constant 'spaced-out' feeling. Along with it is a feeling of tension and pain at the base of the neck. And, there is sometimes a feeling of pressure in the head. Certain areas around the neck feel painful. On days when the neck feels normal, I also don't feel any of the lightheadedness.

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and we ran some blood tests. Everything came up normal. The symptoms went away for a few days, then came back, so now he is recommending a CT scan. Naturally all this leads one to think of possible brain or neck cancer. The CT is currently being scheduled. In the meantime, I just wonder if anyone has any ideas? From all that I've been reading, I've never found lightheadedness to be included among symptoms of brain cancer. I don't really have any constant headaches along with it. Perhaps this is just all stress-related, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to at least post to this forum to get some possible feedback. I figured the CT scan would probably be a good idea.

Thanks,
    three4rd

Top User
    Hi - it could well be stress-related. It is a recognized stress symptom.

However, it is also worth having your ears checked. Build-up of wax in the inner ear leads to pressure, which will produce a sense of light-headedness or dizziness. It is surprising how many doctors don't check this out.

lightheadedness

Hi Vee,

Thanks so much for the reply and helpful suggestion. My doctor had mentioned the possibility of it being associated with the balance organ in the ear, but did not talk about possible wax build-up as a potential cause. I guess I'll still go through with the CT scan as a precaution, but then might also visit an ENT for further ear evaluation.

Regards,
    three4rd

Regular User
    headaches with vague sense of spaciness and lightheadedness makes me think of when I had been eating not as well as I could, had unknown food allergy not drinking enought water with stress on top. It might be helpful to make your diet very simple and mild , take out any sugar wheat and dairy caffiene ( for food allergy test they will reccomend this to take out major potential allergens) for 5 -7 days and see if your symptoms receede .As well as drinking alot of water to flush out the potential accumulated toxins... Hope that it's as an easy process of just eliminating some foods out of your diet. Be well.

+ Reply to Thread