A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brown spots???

Brown spots???

Hi
    Ive noticed that over the last month Ive gotten all these brown dots all over my back, chest, arms and some on my legs. Theyre going up my neck a bit and a couple on my face. They get darker and darker. They look like beauty marks but I aint feelin so beautiful lol I have a couple of the original spots on my back, and leg which were there for yrs and now theyre both bigger and the one on my legs gone all wierd and now looks a bit like florida on a diet. Both are darker. I also have some little growths on my chest that have been there for months and now theyre getting bigger and sore. As for the brown dots, Ive counted them and theres about 80. A month ago I barely had any. I see my doc tomorrow.

Im a pretty optomistic person and whatever will be will be. I cant change the inevitable if somethings up. Of course I prefer it just be some sketchy pigment disorder or something. But im wondering if anyone else out there has experienced this kind of thing??

Regular User
    Sorry to hear of your concerns with skin cancer. You will need to have a biopsy done. This is your first step in determining if the problem is skin cancer.

I hope everything went well on your appointment, and please keep us informed. There are alot of good people out here.
    Jim

Keep the faith, we all have too much to live for.

My journey with melanoma: http://www.cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8547

My Blog: http://james.healthblogs.org/

Hi there

Thanks for your post. I saw my doc and hes referred me to a dermatologist. I got a call from the dermatologists office yesterday and they said im booked for july 31! A bit too far off for my liking, but they agreed to also put me on the cancellation list in case something comes up.

Before the person agreed to put me on the cancellation list I asked if there was anything sooner, as these are quite quickly getting bigger and Im getting more and she snapped "Yeah and so is everyone elses!" Nice. Geeze, you'd think I was asking her to do something other than her job. Canadian healthcare just keeps getting better. lol

But im thankful I have the appointment. If anyone else is in the Vancouver area and knows of a dermatologist who might be quicker, advice is appreciated

Regular User
    Have your gp get in touch with them and explain the situation and maybe they can get you in there sooner.

All my doctors have called and expressed their concerns and to get me in as quickly as possible.

I have been having a high white cell and platelet count, gp called hemotologist and I was in there that week becuase the dr said it was important that I see him. White count came down to about 16k and platelets were normal range again from 750k. Now being tested for lukemia, but doctor doesn't think its that, he thinks its because I was a long term smoker and had my spleen removed. I hope he is right.

Its hard to have to wait, and your waiting a bit longer then I would be comfortable with. Keep your head up.
    Jim

Keep the faith, we all have too much to live for.

My journey with melanoma: http://www.cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=8547

My Blog: http://james.healthblogs.org/

Anonymous
    Well at the rate they're taking you might as well go to the hospital. I'd probably do that. It will cost a lot now but if you can stop the growth before it's something extreme it'd be very good for your future.

Drive yourself to the hospital or go to a cancer clinic. Cancer clinics will often give you an appoint that day or a week from now. They're more serious about the matter and dermatologists have a range of issues to care for so their waiting lines are much longer.

Re:Brown spots???

hi,
    Bio oil is the best for remove brown spots.my mum uses it and all her spots disappear in a week.

+ Reply to Thread