A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deep pelvic pain 10 months post LEEP for HSIL

Deep pelvic pain 10 months post LEEP for HSIL

Hi there!
    I'm new to the group, and I'm hoping that people could share some stories of their experience after having LEEP and venturing back into being sexually active.

I had my LEEP May 2008, and did not have any sexual contact until January this year. I noticed a deep, intense pelvic pain within 24 hours of intercourse, and have continued to feel this pain for a few days after any encounters with my new partner. Its a strong, deep, lower abdominal aching.

I had a follow up colposcopy in January, and there was nothing to be concerned about (only a small abnormal area, which was biopsied and simply came back with HPV). The doctor said it all looked fine, and I have been tested for STDs. I mentioned the pain to her, and she said everything seemed normal.

My only thought it that this may be related to stress? I have had some anxiety towards intercourse, but have always felt sufficiently aroused with my new partner. My last partner was a bit of a traumatic experience (i had to leave town and get a restraining order against him for stalking and emotional trauma).
    So I am uncertain if others have experienced post-surgery difficulties with no obvious physical abnormalities?

The only research I have come up with are possibilities like infection, endometriosis etc etc.. all of which I have no symptoms of.

Any feedback, personal stories or advice would be fantastic! Thank you

Moderator Top User
    Hi,

It's quite normal to be worried about intercourse after any invasive treatment. Pain can be normal with stretching after surgury. But not so much pelvic pain. I would rebook an appointment with your Dr, by the time it comes along- you'll know if it still hurts after regular intercouse. If so then strongly explain how much pain, what sort of pain, how long with pain after. You should get answers.

I know with me I had to use alot of lubrication, my secretion glands went haywire and even though I felt ok at the time, I did have friction pain after. Now everything ok but still took a while to become relaxed, and not feel any major "stretch".

I hope this helps a little. Let me know how things go.
    Thinking of you Inica

~Nose Cancer~
    ~Car Accident- Broken Back, Ribs, Spleen
    Sternum~
    ~Continous Cervical Cancer~

My Story-
    http://cancerforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=6731

9 Lives and still kicking

Hi there,
    Thanks for your reply
    I guess I will just have to wait and make another appointment. I did mention it to my doctor (and my colposcopy doctor) and they said there was nothing to worry about at the time (in January).
    (I'm try not to be doubtful of this, but pain suggests I should be!)
    Yes-- I haven't had any difficulties with friction pain, or lubrication, just the internal pain.

Thanks for your input.

+ Reply to Thread