A website for discussions about any type of cancer, including lung cancer, breast cancer, prostate cancer, laryngeal cancer, leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma and others
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12 year old sun lump in chest

12 year old sun lump in chest

hi
    i fear my son may have a lung tumor. there is a lump on the (his) left side of his chest. it sticks out of the ribs and is somewhat squishy. on the right side of his chest there is a much smaller version of it. it has been there for nearly a year but we dont know what it is. he hasnt been showing any symptoms of cancer and has been acting fine. we have not gotten an mri yet but we still would like anyones input on what this could be.
    thanks

New User
    Lumps in the body can come from many different things but you have to remember that any abnormal growth in the body means cellular change which could in fact be cancer. You should check with your primary care physician as soon as possible to aliviate any concerns. If it is cancer, it is not the end of the world. Perserverance and optimism is key. Good luck and keep us posted on what you find. God is love.
    Noemi Reveles Apr.25 1995-Jan. 12, 2009. Age 13. Always missing you a lot baby sis.

+ Reply to Thread