PDA

View Full Version : Chronic Fatigue

FLCoyote
04-30-2010, 04:43 PM
L was diagnosed with Hairy Cell Leukemia at he end of Oct 2009. I had a week of Chemo followed by 17 days of Neuprogen shots, I'm doing pretty well and my blood counts are up. My biggest problem is chronic fatigue. I feel like lying down all of the time. I push through my day and am working part time, but everything physical activity exhausts me. IF I go fishing for the day it takes me three days to recover. I just cut my yard this morning and had to stop three times to get my strength back. The best answer I get from the Doctor is "you're doing pretty good from someone thats five months post treatment. Any help/suggestions anyone can offer are appreciated. I feel like I'm going through life with an anchor around my neck. Email me at [email protected]

Thank You

FLCoyote

jdmjim
05-01-2010, 06:59 PM
hi flcoyote, sorry to hear about your dx. i have to fight fatigue every day, it's just something we have to learn to live with and try to manage. some days are worse than others for me,but i have been trying to exercise more and go for walks.the walking has seemed to help the most, but some days i wish i had a ride back home :roll: and yes, you are doing really good :D

FLCoyote
05-14-2010, 01:40 PM
hi flcoyote, sorry to hear about your dx. i have to fight fatigue every day, it's just something we have to learn to live with and try to manage. some days are worse than others for me,but i have been trying to exercise more and go for walks.the walking has seemed to help the most, but some days i wish i had a ride back home :roll: and yes, you are doing really good :D

I think one of my problems is obsessing on my condition. I think I will start a Procurement Consulting Business as I was a government Contracting/Grants Officer for over 20 years. That should keep me too busy to just sit around looking for symptoms. Stay well.

FLCoyote