PDA

View Full Version : 4th cycle of chemo, what options?, paw-paw

sn72
05-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi. My mom had breast cancer, now ovarian cancer, which a doctor at MD Anderson originated as uterine cancer. She had chemo in Jan/2007, and it shrunk the cancer (though I imagine probably didn't eliminate it as a few hundred thousand cancer cells are not detectable in scans). The cancer came back and she did chemo again in Jan/2008. Then again Jan/2009. She started chemo again Jan/2010, but her body is so weakend by the chemo, nor does the chemo appear to be working.

She started throwing up within 1 hour to 3 hours of eating from Feb/2010. Nothing is staying in. This has been going on for a few months now. So what to do? Doctors have said there is an option of TPN injection to provide nutrition, but there are risks, but I wonder what's the long term point of this.

I also heard about paw-paw and bought a bottle of 120 tablets from Nature Sunshine. On 5/14/2010 she started taxotere/carbo, and on 5/15/2010 she took one paw-paw. She threw up shortly afterwards, and it was more throw up than normal. So maybe the paw-paw causes extra vomiting, or maybe that's the taxotere/carbo at work. Has anyone had success with this thing?

05-21-2010, 07:37 PM
The vomiting is probably from the Chemo. After awhile the Chemo weakens your immune system so much that your body can't fight any longer.