PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Addiction

Ernie
06-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Do you think that it's possible to be addicted to sugar? In this LINK DELETED PER FORUM POSTING POLICIES. PLEASE REVIEW IN TOP SECTION OF MAIN FORUM AND COMPLY. THANK YOU. on ABC News Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum talks about his new book "LINK DELETED" and how sugar addiction can affect health negatively in a variety of ways. However, the article also points out that an article published in the journal Clinical Nutrition in June found that there is no evidence that sugar or any food can actually become addicting to humans. What do you think? Is sugar addictive? Can people be addicted to food?

sheila
06-15-2010, 04:09 AM
Ernie-people can get addicted to anything :) think about it-why are there nailbiters,chocoholics.alcoholics -watch the tv shows on different addictions-I just watched a girl last night whos been addicted to eating chalk for over 20 years, and whatt about the hoarders addiction? and the hair eating or toilet paper eaters. my answer would be a definate YES!

Ernie
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
I guess it's all in the way the term "addiction" is used? Why do you think there has been no published research proving that sugar can be addictive? I'm somewhat playing Devil's Advocate here - I just ordered the Teitelbaum book ("Beat Sugar Addiction Now"). I like how the Teitelbaum book splits sugar addiction into four types (I think I have two of them, actually, from reading the contents on Amazon) - because it treats the root cause rather than the symptom. I certainly have a sugar problem, not sure I'm ready to use the big A word about it though.

sheila
06-15-2010, 07:06 PM
I would say its an individual thing iwhen your body craving it---I read somewhere that what you crave also what you are usually allergic to. go figure -I dont believe that but I think by the term addiction it is referring to what your body is lacking or craves-where it may become a noticeable craving but is one kind of so called addicion-another is a learned or behavioral addiction, and lastly would be wthdrawl addictions that a body seems to thrive and need more and and cannot function without(which also ties in with the psychological addition and compounds the problem) The pysical body then has difficulty phyically getting away from something as rather an emotional or psychological attatchment. and a weaning process has to take place.