PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to my Mom

stevetwarner
07-19-2010, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone, I lost my Mom, Mickey (McCook) Warner to brain cancer (glioblastoma) October 20, 2002. Although its been 8 years ago now, I still miss her everyday. We got about 7 decent and then challenging months with her from her initial diagnosis to the day she passed, helped her through 2 brain surgeries, and tried to make the best of what we knew was limited time. It's a brutal disease and something I would never wish on anyone.

She was a wonderful, caring women and one who had a lasting effect on not only my brothers and I but on so many of our friends and relatives. A 2nd Mom to many of our close friends!

She used to sing James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" to me when I was a baby, I in turn sang it to my kids when they were younger. It's always been one of my favorites to sing! I figure for all she did for me, the least I can do is sing her a song every once in a while. I hope that wherever she is now she can hear me!

This is my tribute to her:

Link deleted

I posted it on youtube so that even if just one person connects with it and finds some peace from this I feel like I have made a small impact in making this world a better place.

I hope you enjoy it and maybe it helps bring some comfort to you during your grieving. It's cliche, but it does get better everyday, the sting and pain slowly wear off, and although you always have an emptiness there, you just try to fill it with memories, song, family and friends.

We miss you Mom!

Peace!

Steve