PDA

View Full Version : could this be endometrial cancer???

loulou36
11-10-2010, 04:39 PM
hello 2 all you lovely ladys,im woundering if anyone could give me a little advice,im 36 yrz old,i have 3 children,well in the last 6 months i have had some worrying symptons,firstly i had a very watery discharge,no smell but loat of it,that lasted for around a month,then the watery discharge turned into a pink couler,then this constant pinkish spotting,wen i say constant i mean every day for the last 5 months,also wen i have a bm i bleed from the vargina(very strange)i have never been on birth control of any kind,so i went 2 my gp and he orderd an ultrasound,witch showed a thickning of the linning ov the womb 10.5mm but everything else looked fine,so then the swobs to cheak 4 infection,all clear,pap teat clear,fbc clear,gp had a good look inside my vargina and said everything looked clear,so im due 3 go in for a endo biopsy and an histocopy in 2 weeks time,im terrified it could be cancer as everything else has been ruled out,please could anyone give me any advice or share their symptoms with me,thank you in advance xxx p.s also no polyps,fibroids,cysts,or endometriosis on ultrasound.xx

loulou36
11-11-2010, 09:56 AM
well im of to the hospital this morning for my pre op,i will keep posting untill i get my results,and any kind words or any advice would be kindly exsepted xxxxhugsxxx

myMilagros
11-11-2010, 03:31 PM
I'll be praying for you. Best of luck.

loulou36
11-11-2010, 03:41 PM
well i have just got back from my pre op, i have my op next week 22nov..biopsy histercopy and the coil,just something what the nurse said ,could get any advice,i asked her what she thought could be causing all this watery pink tinged discharge,and she said that becouse my tubes r scared from the lazer treatment i have had over the years from having abnormal cells,that it could be little pockets of scaring in my tubes,witch is building up with flued wich may be causing all this,just woundering if anybody has ever heard of this,or if anybody has exsperianced te same symptons,,anyway il keep posting,and thank you 4 your kind words mymilagros,and anyone else that replyes,xxxhugsxxx

jillinbc
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Loulou. I had exactly the same symptom as you earlier this year - the watery discharge tinged with pink. I went to my GP who immediately sent me to a gynecologist. I didn't know then that that type of discharge can be a fairly common symptom of endometrial cancer. The ultrasounds indicated only 6 mm thick uterine wall, but it was enough to send me for a hysteroscopy. That revealed a malignant polyp (fully removed, no worries there) and "complex atypical hyperplasia", which is generally considered a precursor to endometrial cancer. C.A.T. basically means cells have started to behave oddly. I had a full hysterectomy mid July, and there was indeed some invasive cancer in the uterus, stage 1a, grade 1. That's about as good as it gets if one has cancer - meaning it had spread less than 50% of the way through the uterine wall, and nowhere else. I didn't have to have radiation or chemo, and I will now go for 6 month check-ups for two years with very minimal expectation of recurrence. I'm 55, and 8 years into menopause, so having the hysterectomy didn't change anything, hormonally speaking. I'm recovering really well - the post-op fatigue has pretty much gone away, and I just have some residual tenderness in my belly, which the doctor says is normal for another few months while the muscles heal.
SO! Good for you, for going to have the discharge checked out. I hope that you are as lucky as I was in having it caught very early. We will all cross fingers for you that the surgery goes well and that the results are as positive as can be in the circumstances.
Best,
Jill

loulou36
11-11-2010, 07:49 PM
thank you jillinbc for replying,im sorry to hear that diagnosis,but realy glad that it woz caught in time,so glad you r recovering well,my prayers are with you. im realy hoping that i dont have cancer,with me only being in my 30z im realy hoping thier r many other reasons that can be causing these symptons,maybe just a polyp that wasnt seen on the ultrasound,or maybe what the nurse said, that the scaring on my cervix from all the lazer treatmeant can also be the cause,im soooo worried :( anyway i will no soon enough,so thank you again for sharing your story with me,and anybody else that can also share their storys with me,or have had the same symptons that didnt turn out 2 be cancer i would be very greatfull 2 hear,as im a nervous wreak at the moment,take care and i will keep updateing.xxxhugsxxx

Pixie
11-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Hi loulou36,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry you feel the need to be here.

It's good that you are getting these worrying symptoms checked out, it seems like your Doctors are being very thorough. A lot of the women who come here with different types of syptoms end up not having Cancer, I hope you are one of them.

I didn't experience any discharge, I bled, a lot and for many months, but everyone is different. In the worse case senario, endometrial cancer is very curable if caught early.

Try not to worry, waiting for results is awful, we have all been there and know what you are going through. Keep us updated and don't hesitate to post.

Pixie

loulou36
11-12-2010, 02:21 PM
thank you pixie for you story and for replying,i find myself every day on here latley,reading womans inspiring storys,you r all an inspiration,i just hope if the worsed come 2 the worsed that i can be just as strong,i pray to god everyday i will be fine but i no my own body and i just feel like something is wrong :(...also i dont want to keep bombarding all you ladys with queations but at the monent youz ar all i have who understand what im going through..so just a quick question,did the dr tell you how long you had your cancer 4 b4 you were diagnosed???becouse i think i have had these symptons for 6_12 months, so if it does turn out to be cancer im woundering how much it would of spread in those monthes,thank you again in advance for any replys,and keep strong ladys you r all trully wounderfull xxxhugsxxx

Pixie
11-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi Loulou36,
Don't apologize for asking questions, that is why we are all here, to help other people going through the same thing we went through. This forum helped me so much, it is the least I can do to give something back. Ask anything you want and we will try to the best of our knowledge to help you.

As for your question, it is a hard one, I don't think it is possible to tell how long the cancer was there, Looking back I had mild symptoms for years and presume that the tumor was there for ages before I was diagnosed. Endometrial Cancer is staged from 1 to 4 and graded from 1-3. The stage indicates how much it has spread and the grade indicates how agressive the tumor is. If you look at my signature you can see that my cancer was staged at 1b which indicates that it had not spread outside of the uterus and graded at 2 which indicates a mildly agressive tumor. If I really had this tumor for years it shows how slow growing Endometrial cancer can be.

Having said that, there are different types of uterine cancer, until you know what you are facing try not to worry and think positive.

Take care

Pixie

loulou36
11-13-2010, 03:22 PM
thank you once again pixi for replying,i found much comfort in your story,just knowing if i do thav the dreaded C word,it will be cought reaonably quick,i am so worried about the op :( and i on the verge of cancelling,i woz ment to have my op in august but also cancelled that one,i no im silly,but im realy scared of what they might find,for me i have always bueried my head in the sand and hoped things would just go away,(silly i no)i had a laporoscopy 8 years ago and i had a reaction to the anesthetic,i couldnt breath and the nurse ran over to me to give mr oxygen,it woz scary to say the least:(so as you can see thats why i thinking of cancelling,i also suffer realy bad with anxiaty:(wich doesnt help,god im a nervous wreak at the moment,and realy unsure what to do,i no its my choice in the end tho,and id be stupid not to go through with the opperation,anyway thank you again so much,i will keep you undated as to what i decide to do,xxxhugsxxx

Pixie
11-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi loulou,

It is normal to be anxious and not want to go through with it, but if you don't do it the anxiety and symptoms are not going to go away. Waiting and not knowing what is going on is awful, I was actually partly relieved when I got my results, it meant I knew what I was dealing with.

Any Cancer diagnosis is life altering but Endometrial is one of the better ones, please don't leave it too late.

Yoy say you had a reaction to the anaesthetic last time, are they doing the biopsy under General or Local anaesthetic? Hopefully it is under local which is usual for a biopsy, then you wont have the same problems as before.

Keep in touch

Pixie

loulou36
11-14-2010, 11:52 AM
hi pixie,thank you again for replying,you trully are a star,well when i went for my pre op the other day,i told them about the reaction i had to the anaesthetic,and they just said that they would monoter me closley,they cant do the biopsy whilst im awake becouse they said, becouse of all the damage i have from the lazor treatments i have had over the years,that it would be to uncomftable,and very hard to get a biopsy from that area,so i have no other choice than to be put to sleep:(..the damage is to the cervix as i have had stage 3 abnormal cells 3 times since i woz 16,luckely always just caught in time,see thats y i woz saying on an earlyer post,could all this pink watery discharge be from the damage to my cervix,the nurse said it woz a posabillity,my last smear woz clear 12 months ago,any way im feeling a bit more posative after reading your reply so thank you again for getting back to me,il keep posting,love always xxxxxxxx

loulou36
11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
p.s i have had no watery pink discharge since yeaterday,thats the first time in 3 months,question if it woz cancer would my symptons just stop like this??im not holding my breath it wont start again,but just going 24 hours without it feels great,as my and my ex boyfriend have just got back 2getter:)no sex tho for him at the moment:) xxxxx

loulou36
11-17-2010, 04:02 PM
well its wednesday,5 more days untill i go in for my op,wich i have decided to go for as it would be stupid of me not to,feeling realy nearvous,just want it over with,il keep updating for anyone that has been following my posts,and pixi you r a star thank you for all your advice and kind words xxxhugsxxx

Ree
11-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Good luck loulou, I understand what you are going through at the moment, best wishes

Pixie
11-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Good luck loulou, I hope everything goes ok and I am glad you are going through with the op. I am going away for a few days and will check in with you when I get back.

Take care

Pixie

loulou36
11-18-2010, 12:07 PM
thank you pixi,have a nice time,and i will be sure to update when i have had my op,take care xxxhugsxxx

loulou36
11-18-2010, 04:55 PM
omg!!!! another thing to add now aswell:( i am also 9 days late for my period,defo not pregnant(not had sex in a while also infretile)could this be yet another bad sign:( stressed out now.......thanks for any replys xxxx

Ree
11-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi loulou, probably the worry and stress you are going through has delayed your periods.
Just worked out we are probably having our tests on the same day, I am in Australia and we are a day ahead of you, I go on Wednesday, you go Tuesday our time, which is Wednesday your time.. I think... now I have myself confused,

good luck X

loulou36
11-20-2010, 08:22 PM
well its the 20th and im going into hospital in 2 days(so scared) i have yet another problem,my discharge has started 2 smell like amonia,and its going yellowy couler,anyone any idears,like i have said in my previous post i have been tested for infection,but i didnt get tested for any std,as my boyfriend came to the dr with me,and i had been raped the month befour,so i couldnt say anything to the dr to test me for stds,becouse i havent told anyone:( feeling realy down at the moment,anyway does anyone think it might be an infection,but if it was,wouldnt it of smelled at the beginning?anyway thanks 2 anyone for any advice,il post again soonxxxhugsxxx

Ree
11-21-2010, 04:05 AM
Oh loulou you poor thing no wonder your stressed after what you have been through:( big hugs to you

Ree
11-22-2010, 04:33 AM
Good luck today loulou, I will be thinking of you. All the best, hope everything goes well. Ree x

Pixie
11-23-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi loulou,

I hope everything went ok, post when you are feeling up to it.

Pixie

loulou36
11-23-2010, 11:54 AM
thank you pixi and ree,well i came out of hospital last night,they did the histeroscopy and biopsy,they said everything looked great they couldnt see anything abnormal,and they said my biopsy looked good,and told me not 2 worry atall,coz everything looked great,so now i have to go for a colcoscopy,but i had a clear smear not that long ago so they told me its very unlikely that will show anything bad either,anyway i have to do a direy for the next 4 months when i bleed,not sure why,so im still no wiser,but im sooooooooo happy that everything looked good,thank you for all your kind words,and i will keep popping back from time 2 time,and il also keep you updated on my results,take care,xxxhugsxxx

loulou36
11-23-2010, 04:52 PM
well my head is still worried:( i have a question,,,can a gyn see anything by doing a histeroscopy if anything looks cancerous???would it show something inside the womb abnormal??she did say it looked fine but how would she no just by sight alone??confused..pixi did you have a histeroscopy?if so did they see anything abnormal?thank you all againxxxhugsxxx

Tzarena
11-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi Pixie,

I left a message for you on my original post. You must not have seen it. I was wondering how your checkup went last week?

Best wishes,
Mel

Pixie
11-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi loulou,

Glad everything went well, I was diagnosed from a D&C so I didn't have a hysteroscopy. However I found out later that they saw a huge mass in my Uterus during a transvaginal ultrasound. Obviously they didn't tell me that at the time but they also didn't tell me that everything looked ok.

Hope that helps!

Look after yourself and keep in touch.

Take care

Pixie

loulou36
11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
thank you pixie,you have been a real diamond,i wish you a long and happy cancer free life,you realy are a true star god bless you,and il be sure to keep in touch thank you again xxxhugsxxx

Ree
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm so happy for you loulou, your outcome has actually made me feel a little better. I know when my gyno has removed polyps in the past he has said that everything else looked fine and the polyps were not a problem which they turned out to be normal, also when he does a pap smear he knows by the look of the cervix if there is a problem. It still has me concerned that he has just put me in for this biopsy and not the full service so to speak. lol. Anyway not long for me to wait know. Once again so happy for you, please stay in touch. Ree X

loulou36
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just had my results and everything is fine:)thank you everyone for all your support,i realy dont no what i would of done without youz,im still bleeding tho:(so havnt got a clue what is causing it,any idears?im going for a colcoscopy in 4 months time so il have to see if that shows anything but i only had a smear 1 year ago and that woz fine,bit confused just need it 2 stop:(anyway all gud so far:)cant stop smiling:)i will keep posting to see how you are all doing,guna go out tonight and have a few drinks or 10:)thank you again for everything loads of love xxxhugsxxx

Pixie
12-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Hi loulou!!

Great news, I am so happy for you, I was hoping you would post soon to say that everything was ok.
Take care of yourself and if the bleeding doesn't stop then go back and get it checked out.

Pixie

Ree
12-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I am so happy for you loulou, a massive relief to hear your good news. Take care, hugs and best wishes Ree X

jillinbc
12-08-2010, 05:25 AM
That's wonderful news Loulou - we're all so happy for you, and glad you get to be one of the happily ever after stories.
Best wishes,
Jill

rmaureen
12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
That's wonderful news loulou36! I hope the bleeding stops soon. Continue to work your doctors to determine the cause.

Rhonda