PDA

View Full Version : found swollen lymph nodes on my 15 month old

rosieylily
07-16-2005, 09:55 PM
:cry: Hi, IM ROSIE

I found a swollen lymphnode on my baby about 1month and 2 weeks ago. I took her to her pediatrician and the doctor said that she had some other one through out her body. I didn't know, because I didn't know where to look. Anyway, she told me to take her to hershey Medical Hospital to get evaluated.

Well, I became scared once she said that she will be seeing a surgeon. I really didn't understand. She also send her for a cbc test and was told that there were some abnormalties and thats it. I became more scared.

Her peditrician said to give her antibiotics, which we did but the lymphnode on her left side just got worst, they multiplied instead. She also has one on the right side of her neck.

We finally took her to Hershey Medical Hospital and their the doctor evaluated her and found another mass on the right side of her groin. I just felt hopeless. He told us that he wants to do a ct-scan to check for other lymphnodes and after that a biopsy. I don't know what exactly to think, he didn't tell us anything of what it might be. He said that he would discuss everything with us after the ct-scan. I am really afraid that he is going to say that she has lymphoma or something like that.

My baby has not been sick at all. The only thing that we can say is that she sweats alot during nap time and sleep time. She does seem tired more but no complaining. We don't know if the doctor already has an idea about what it going on. The only thing that we know is that we are left in the dark. The doctor already has arranged another appointment with him after her ct-scan. I don't know what to think. We have all types of cancer in our family. Does anyone have any ideas or theories or something to kind of help us out. I feel so helpless right now. I have moments when I just want to scream and cry.

Thank you and everyone for listening
Rosie

J3ss
02-22-2006, 09:58 PM
I am very sorry to hear you have been through all this. Unfortunatly there is not much information I can give you. I hope your baby gets well and tests are all normal. Keep us up to date on your progress.

Best of luck our prayers are with you

J3ss

Orange Agent
02-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Hi Rosie,

Your feelings of fright and dispair are very normal, but I urge your baby to get the CT-Scan asap so that your docotor can discuss his/her condition intelligently. For me, the hardest part was all the waiting and wondering. Once I knew what the condition was and what my treatment would consist of, my mind felt better, even though I was still scared. As much as possible think posative thoughts. Kids can be tough as hell. I wish you good luck and good doctoring.