PDA

View Full Version : Gastric Tumor, looking to have alternative treatments, help appreciated

mike1972
04-08-2011, 05:05 AM
I am diagnosed with gastric tumor and completed one course of chemotherapy.

I am looking to have alternative treatments during the intervals between the courses.

I am thinking of EGCG, Curcumin, Broccoli extract etc....

Do you recommend any other alternative or complementary therapies?

Any help highly appreciated.

Regards

ChemoMan
04-08-2011, 08:23 AM

I am looking to have alternative treatments during the intervals between the courses.

Regards
Hi

Sorry to hear of your gastric tumour. Do you know what type it was, how it was staged and the type of chemo you got?

As the focus of this forum is complimentary rather than alternative, if alternatives are your choice then another forum, or one of the thousands of sites devoted to Alt meds, would be more fruitful.

If you wish support with your cancer related issues you are most welcome to stay. It would help if we got that info :)

Cheers

shemay
04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
LINK DELETED a support board sponsored by the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. They have excellent complementary and alternative treatment threads. Hopefully you can find something helpful there.
Best regards

ChemoMan
08-03-2011, 09:50 AM

Regards

Hi again Mike

What type of gastric cancer do you have? Also what type of chemo did you have?

the general consensus around here is that Maitake mushrooms in particular extracts are beneficial. Misteltoe(Iscador) is also of interest. The Germans are pretty good at balancing Complimentary and Science based med together that should give you a search parameter ;)

Good luck

Joe7
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Curcumin has also shown promise FYI.