PDA

View Full Version : My Results are in!! Appointment set for 4.25.11 what can i do for pain?

Nakita2pink
04-14-2011, 07:58 PM
So my doctor gave me a call the results are in,my appoint is set for 4.25.11 he said its not looking to good.I've been worried sick about the results and what they've found.the pain is ongoing day after day like my cervix is dilating.Praying for the better but when I hear things like its not "looking to good" I feel worse...what can I take for pain until then I've been taking 600 mlg of ibuprofen I'm allergic to acetamenaphen(tylenol) or anything with that in the drug

brainman
04-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Nakita, I am so sorry :(. I can only imagine how anxious you must be right now. I do not have any suggestions for pain meds since the only thing left is to ask you doctor for something. You might give his/her office a call and ask them. They might be willing to call in something without seeing you. I know that anxiety can make pains worse so they might want to try some anxiety medication as well. Good luck on all fronts. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Gabe
04-14-2011, 09:44 PM
I hope your results turn out well!!!

Even though it's hard you could try to keep yourself busy (my girlfriend does this) and not think about anything too hard.

Less stress is always best in these kinds of situtations or in any situation really. Praying for you as well. <3

pbj11
04-15-2011, 03:02 AM
(((Nakita!)))

I'm so sorry that he's saying it's not looking good and that you're in pain. Do as brainman suggested. The doctor surely will give you something for pain and do ask for a little something for anxiety. That's pretty standard to have something available if you need to be calmer. The ibuprofen will only make any bleeding worse as it thins the blood.

Seems like a long time to wait when he wasn't definitive.

Sending hugs your way.

God bless and feel free to post at any time. We're always 'open.'

PBJ

sumeetshah
04-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Nakita, we are all with you. We pray and hope that things turn out in your favour. As for the pain, if ibuprofen is not helping you, it will be worthwhile trying Diclofenac (or Aceclofenac) for a few days. Though its not good for kidneys if used in long term, for a short term use, it is excellent. Let us know what happens.