PDA

View Full Version : What is a small round blue cell tumor?

Ponys818
09-19-2012, 05:04 AM
My 16 year old nephew was just diagnosed today with this condition, and from what I am reading it seems this falls into several categories of cancer someone anyone give me some information I'm worried, scared and confused?

He has a tumor on his tailbone we got this news an hour ago. If you have any information you can share please help Ty and gb

Kermica
10-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi Ponys818 and welcome though I am sorry you had cause to find your way here. My apologies for this very late response as I usually don't spend time on this Forum. When I saw that no one had responded to you I thought I would. A small round blue cell tumor (SRBCT) is a characteristic of a set of malignant cells that can be any of nine different types of cancer. They are called this because tof there microscopic appearance and color after being prepared for examination following biopsy. This type of cell usually presents in children.

Based on my (very limited) research it sounds like one of the possibilities here is Ewings Sarcoma. If it is and has been discovered early, his chances for recovery are really pretty good. Have you gotten a definitive diagnosis yet? Let us know when you can how things are going and I wish your nephew and your family only good things coming through this journey.

Good health,

kermica